Tour de San Luis, business as usual

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
D-Queued said:
lol @ this entire post. he says there were SOME sections with false flat. so where does he say the entire itt is uphill? :rolleyes:

and the wind was a factor, but he doesn't say how, headwind, tailwind or wind from the side.

Jul 13, 2012
D-Queued said:
And Tuft is Obree?

Doping would be a one-event thing?

Silly response.

Dave.
Tuft isn't Obree, well spotted. Tuft is a professional doing the astronomical speed of 51kph over 19.2kms. Obree as an amateur, non doping rider achieved 52kph over 16kms. Your suggestion is that Tuft was outside of 'normal' parameters by doing 51kms over a short distance TT? I'm pointing out that this can be achieved by a rider who is clean and well trained, albeit an amateur. Nothing extraordinary in Tufts performance.

xcleigh said:
Tuft isn't Obree, well spotted. Tuft is a professional doing the astronomical speed of 51kph over 19.2kms. Obree as an amateur, non doping rider achieved 52kph over 16kms. Your suggestion is that Tuft was outside of 'normal' parameters by doing 51kms over a short distance TT? I'm pointing out that this can be achieved by a rider who is clean and well trained, albeit an amateur. Nothing extraordinary in Tufts performance.
Ok, sure.

So if the extraordinary, from the ordinary, seem normal, then what.

But, you are right. It isn't exactly on par with his Tour of Cuba performance from 2007:

...he surpassed expectations and with a 53.49 km/h average time and broke the 53.09 record of Eduardo Alonso (1987).

Now you have to understand the way the Clinic works:

If you are from Britain, then you don't say bad things about Wiggo.

If you are from Texas, then you don't say bad things about Lance.

If you are from San Diego, then you don't say bad things about Floyd.

If you are from Spain, then you don't say bad things about Big Mig, Contador, or even Fuentes.

So, I am really going out on a limb here. But, this is a country that just got embarrassed by Michael Barry. Tuft is and has been a lot more 'out there' than Michael ever was.

Just don't let it be said that nobody raised a concern about 'extraordinary' performances.

Dave.

ASK THE COMMUNITY