• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse (2.UWT), 9-17 June 2018

route.jpg

Stage 1 (TTT):
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-1-profile-9375d8336a.png

Stage 2:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-2-profile-0a2c8c11fd.png

Stage 3:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-3-profile-928d7d0d46.png

Stage 4:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-4-profile-d961d82ceb.png

Stage 5:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-5-profile-d1070f2bf6.png

Stage 6:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-6-profile-9bbdfde844.png

Stage 7:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-7-profile-4eca3674d2.png

Stage 8:
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-8-profile-ed3d321f18.png

Stage 9 (ITT):
tour-de-suisse-2018-stage-9-profile-ae4116e987.png

Startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-suisse/2018/startlist/

Re:

Netserk said:
Until the 6km mark of this:
CransMontanaW.gif

Then from ~8km to ~5km of this:
CransMontanaS.gif

Roughly. A little bit of descent inbetween the two parts.
Ok, thanks. So that first part would be like 8km at 7.5% or something, with a km at 9%? I think it's the best place to attack early but it's still a pretty iffy decision and for it's too easy a climb to have that purpose in the race.

There's a total of 3km where climbers can duke it out mano a mano. In a race with 18km of TTT and 35 of ITT. It's pretty stupid.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Netserk said:
CransMontanaW.gif

CransMontanaS.gif

Ok, thanks. So that first part would be like 8km at 7.5% or something, with a km at 9%? I think it's the best place to attack early but it's still a pretty iffy decision and for it's too easy a climb to have that purpose in the race.

There's a total of 3km where climbers can duke it out mano a mano. In a race with 18km of TTT and 35 of ITT. It's pretty stupid.
Well it's not like you can't attack on the first mtf at all, it's simple rather difficult to get a gap on those gradients. I expect a big gc showdown there anyway.

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:
Netserk said:
CransMontanaW.gif

CransMontanaS.gif

Well it's not like you can't attack on the first mtf at all, it's simple rather difficult to get a gap on those gradients. I expect a big gc showdown there anyway.
Yes you can attack on the MTF alone. Then you can fail to take time cause the climb is so ***.

TRENDING THREADS