• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2012: Stage 5;Trimbach/Olten → Gansingen 193 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see the strongest guy not the best sprinter win.

Argh that was a gutsy but really dumb move by lodewyck. Maybe he was going for the most aggressive award :eek:
Should have really saved his energy for that hill.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Isaychev is pretty fast, or am I mistaking him with Vorganov?

Well Isaychev was the guy doing lead-outs for Galimzyanov, you're probably not mistaking him for Vorganov, who's more of a break/early mountain domestique guy (both were at Xacobeo too)

EDIT: Lol, with all those trackstands the lead still grew out to 11 minutes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Curious the interview in Switzerland with a russian was in spanish.

Edit: I assume it was the common language between the interviewer and he, but still...

Fetisoff said:
Well Isaychev was the guy doing lead-outs for Galimzyanov, you're probably not mistaking him for Vorganov, who's more of a break/early mountain domestique guy (both were at Xacobeo too)

EDIT: Lol, with all those trackstands the lead still grew out to 11 minutes

Thank you. They both were at Xacobeo which is why I occasionally get them mixed up.

But I see that Vorganov can sprint ok himself

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=22039

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=16978

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Oss was in theory the fastest sprinter of the seven guys who went in the break. And he'd just brought Minard back with what seemed to be ease. Minard and Perez were playing the odds sensibly in making him pull.

Oss couldn't have done anything differently. Moinard and Perez could have. So saying that Oss screwed up is kind of strange.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Kopuliak said:
1st WT win for him, it's always nice, cg.

First win of any kind. Closest he got before was second in ToPortugal prologue

karlboss said:
Curious the interview in Switzerland with a russian was in spanish.

Edit: I assume it was the common language between the interviewer and he, but still...

He rode for Xacobeo for few years, probably still trains in Spain. Nothing uncommon there, actually Spanish seems to be more common than English among bike racers

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
First win of any kind. Closest he got before was second in ToPortugal prologue

He rode for Xacobeo for few years, probably still trains in Spain. Nothing uncommon there, actually Spanish seems to be more common than English among bike racers

I figure the conversation went something like this.
francais?...no
deutsch?...no
english?...no
...русский?
español? si que bueno

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
karlboss said:
I figure the conversation went something like this.
francais?...no
deutsch?...no
english?...no
...русский?
español? si que bueno

And only VINO would be able to say "YES" to all of the above.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
ElChingon said:
I'm holding DominicDecoco personally responsible for Sagan not winning today, due to jinxing him with this thread title

:D

If you sold this idea to some of the Sprinting teams Sagan is up against then I am sure you could make millions....;)

Wow, people really don't want to get their countires messed up. -_-

I am especially glad that people didn't correct me just once, but 3 times.
Yeah really, I didn't see it the first time.

Anyway, good to know that he is from Slovakia perhaps I should be annoyed about not being from America too. ;)

I find it weird how Slovenia manages to end higher on the rankings than Slovakia though.

Slovakia is bigger and has the Velits brothers and the Sagan brothers. Who does Slovenia ahve?

Panda Claws said:

Anyway, good to know that he is from Slovakia perhaps I should be annoyed about not being from America too. ;)

I find it weird how Slovenia manages to end higher on the rankings than Slovakia though.

Slovakia is bigger and has the Velits brothers and the Sagan brothers. Who does Slovenia ahve?

Brajkovic, Bole, Spilak and Bozic are the ones that comes to mind... Probably a couple of other good ones too...

Panda Claws said:

Sagan brothers? Juraj can win races? Martin Velits just a domestique also. Slovenians- Brajkovic, Spilak, Bozic, Bole, Kocjan, Koren... More cyclists of World Tour level

TRENDING THREADS