• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse: Stage 6, Meiringen - La Punt (213.3km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
staubsauger said:
whwn gesink was beaten lance in toc tt last year, lance was in a comparatively very good pre-season tt form, because it was one of his main pre-season goals on the way to win maglia rosa. gesink had a shot on toc's white jearsey so hwe was in a decorous form , too. so this result might be verye representive.
apart from lance have the typical uspostal/radioshack/astana7discovery suddenly tt-flying syndrom like ll, horner pena or brajkovic have had before, but i don't even think that that would suit with his tdf preperation. he need to play a bit pokerface until july.

so rob could really win this, couldn't he? what about morabito's tt abillieties abillities? are they strong enough to catch rob? i don't see uran ore one of the others beat him.
Steve M is an okay tter. May get 10 secs on Rob max. Rob may get seconds on him the other way.

theyoungest said:
At least Gesink actually celebrates a win, unlike a certain protective dog owner.
Nothing wrong with being protective of dogs. I could be guilty of that with my dog. Though she is not well!:(
Dekker_Tifosi said:
@acf: at least Gesink actually cheers after a win.
Evans reacts as if it is a sunday morning training ride where he reached the coffee place first

Simple but classy. Does not look like a tool.
bettiniphoto_0052636_1_full_600.jpg

As above. The emotion. The attack. The win...spectacular! Gotta relive great moments in sport like that.
pic62373s_600.jpg

One of my favourites...:D
Cadel!!!

Tom T. said:
Also, I was surprised at A. Schleck's ride yesterday. It looked to me he totally cracked as Gesink rode him off his wheel. And then he got shelled by the Armstrong group. He's got some work to do.

Read his comments on the front page. He seems to say everything is going fine and he's in better shape now than last year at this time. I personally find that very hard to believe, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tom T. said:
Also, I was surprised at A. Schleck's ride yesterday. It looked to me he totally cracked as Gesink rode him off his wheel. And then he got shelled by the Armstrong group. He's got some work to do.

Not according to Andy:
It is like a screw – sometimes you have to turn it and keep turning it…if you never break it, you don’t know how far you can go,” he told Cyclingnews. “So today was a good test…I knew myself if I waited and stayed in the wheels of the guys, I would finish with the group in front. That was basically not the goal, though…I am here to work out well.
If I compare myself to this time last year, I am ahead…I am better than I was then.”
That should be enough to worry his rivals.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Well, I hope he's ready because he's the only one that could give AC trouble in the mountains. Otherwise it is going to be boring.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
When you look Andys performances earlier this year, Andys form in July should be as much of a laugh riot as Lances. You gotta love how much more power pro guys can produce when they decide to peak, Andy will go from being dropped by grupetto to dropping everyone else than Contador.

TRENDING THREADS