• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under tips

Tour down under winner

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Who do you think will win the tdu and why????

EDIT: I had to put some of the contenders who were on the same teams as I thought either had a chance but didn't have enough room to put the seperately.I started another thread on TDU as the other one was on the start list and this is on the winner of the event.

A

Anonymous

I vote Davis. He and the other new Astana riders have a lot to prove, and will want to start the year off right.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I tip a breakaway to get enough time to win. Luis Leon Sanchez. Or Rojas. Don't care, but I'd like to see an Astana or Caisse rider win. ****** HTC, they win enough in a season, so missing on the first outing would be a good start to the year.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I took the easy option and voted Greipel.

Given that i walk past a William Hill at least twice a day, I am tempted to go in and ask what odds i can get as an accumulator of Andre winning and Chris Sutton taking at least one stage. If the odds are high enough I may be tempted to put a quid or maybe even a fiver on it.

Having said that the last time I entered a bookies was during the world cup in 2002 when Paul Scholes didn't score the first goal and England didn't win 3-1 and I lost my quid as a result. So maybe I am better off continuing to walk past and not placing a bet...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see someone win solo over Wilunga Hill and see some splits in the field and attacking riding on the stage into stirling. iF we can get that and have it all come down to the final stage that would be an exciting and good tdu.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Gotta say I liked the look of Baden Cooke at the Aussie Nats, looked leaner than I've ever seen him, obviously can sprint & can climb a bit as well (well enough to get over Wilunga, anyway). If Jens & Stuey are strong, Cooke could well be in all the finishes

A

Anonymous

the most biased opinion i can come up with is Downing to win the opening classic, Henderson to win overall. More realistically, Davis for the classic, Sutton for the overall.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
the most biased opinion i can come up with is Downing to win the opening classic, Henderson to win overall. More realistically, Davis for the classic, Sutton for the overall.

Why not add in Ben Swift to stay with the select group on Wilunga and then out-sprint Valverde for the stage win? :D

A

Anonymous

Kingsley A said:
Why not add in Ben Swift to stay with the select group on Wilunga and then out-sprint Valverde for the stage win? :D

Do you not think thats a little unlikely?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
asockpuppet said:
Gotta say I liked the look of Baden Cooke at the Aussie Nats, looked leaner than I've ever seen him, obviously can sprint & can climb a bit as well (well enough to get over Wilunga, anyway). If Jens & Stuey are strong, Cooke could well be in all the finishes

If Cookie can stay with the lead bunch over Wilunga hill and then get jens and O'Grady on the front, we may not see Griepel or Davis come back to the lead bunch.

How many bonus seconds are there for a stage win, anyway?

If it's around 20, I don't think it's even possible for a non sprinter to win. Sure, there might be a breakaway victory over that hill, but they won't be more than max 30 seconds ahead of the chasing peloton.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
How many bonus seconds are there for a stage win, anyway?

If it's around 20, I don't think it's even possible for a non sprinter to win. Sure, there might be a breakaway victory over that hill, but they won't be more than max 30 seconds ahead of the chasing peloton.

For the tdu it is 10,8 and 6 secs

TRENDING THREADS