• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Rwanda 2019 (2.1), 24.02. - 03.03.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rwanda can fund an international cycling race because of all the natural ressources that they've plundered in neighbouring Congo, along with their allies (US, UK, Canada, Israel, Uganda, etc). This race is a disgrace. Just ask yourself why it is that Rwanda has a cycling race with a decent international and no other countries in the Great Lake region. Their dictator is the greatest assassin and murderer in office today.

Just let their be a regime change and then I might say it's a sign of hope for Africa. :Neutral:

Echoes said:
Rwanda can fund an international cycling race because of all the natural ressources that they've plundered in neighbouring Congo, along with their allies (US, UK, Canada, Israel, Uganda, etc). This race is a disgrace. Just ask yourself why it is that Rwanda has a cycling race with a decent international and no other countries in the Great Lake region. Their dictator is the greatest assassin and murderer in office today.

Just let their be a regime change and then I might say it's a sign of hope for Africa. :Neutral:

I don't know anything about Central African politics but isn't it maybe a bit much to say that the existence of a decent bike race in Rwanda is proof of the country being the most evil in its vicinity?

Echoes said:

Sadly one could say the same for some other countries in Africa, but as this is the cycling thread and not world politics I'll leave it at that.

Echoes said:

The only bad guy in the world according to the dribblers on this site who love to mention him at every step
Is Trump, they turn a blind eye to the rest of the world

After Tuesday's long tough stage, a 102.6 km lumpy day today.
tour-du-rwanda-2019-stage-4-profile.jpg

Robert5091 said:
Sadly one could say the same for some other countries in Africa, but as this is the cycling thread and not world politics I'll leave it at that.

On other boards, posters/moderators have already blamed me on mixing sport with politics while raising that issue. In my opinion the matter is that the government and the Rwandan federation are the main organisers of the race: http://www.tourdurwanda.rw/Partners/ (Minispoc is the Rwandan ministry of sport

So I believe my point is legitimate and can be discussed here. ;)

Yacob Debesay managed to hold off the chase and wins stage 7 after an impressive solo! It seems like Kudus dropped Taaramäe on the last climb and extended his lead.

Edit: Actually, Kudus lost a few seconds due to a crash during the last meters of the stage. He keeps the yellow jersey ahead of the last stage.

TRENDING THREADS