• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February)

February 6th: stage one: Limoux – Gruissan, 141km
February 7th: stage two: Cap d’Agde – Sete, 24 km (individual time trial)
February 8th: stage three: Marseille L’Estaque - Saint-Remy de Provence, 158.5km
February 9th: stage four: Rousset - Toulon (Mont Faron), 151 km
February 10th: stage five: Bandol – Grasse, 167km

Stage 2 it's a ITT
stage 3 it's hilly
stage 4 it's a Mt finish
Mont_Faron_Toulon_profile.gif

Starlist
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race...rraneen-Cycliste-Professionnel-2013-Startlist

Interesting riders:

Voeckler, Andy Schleck, Nieve, Greipel, Duque, Lovkvist, Rebellin, Roche, Kreuziger, Majka, Rogers, Talansky, Monfort, Boom and Pellizotti.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got 12 guys on my CQ team in this race, hopefully they dominate and get me some much needed points. :D

The Hitch said:
Andy Chleck for the win

Still much too early to be expecting him to win I'm afraid. It's going to be a while.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Oh the ITT is 24 km :eek: didnt see that, that seems a bit long for a 2.1 race. Good thing there are a lot of other good riders who dont really have a good time trial in the legs, so that could mean other stages might get more animated.

Rogers got this in the bag then.

davide said he trained on the time trial machine so let's hope for the best
but yes i agree that rogers in good form can smoke this. or a turbo diesel from the good old days :( someone from europcar will certainly be in the mix too

delfino i'm afraid he's not in shape to win this yet,the truth is that i have no idea, maybe he is...

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
davide said he trained on the time trial machine so let's hope for the best
but yes i agree that rogers in good form can smoke this. or a turbo diesel from the good old days :( someone from europcar will certainly be in the mix too

delfino i'm afraid he's not in shape to win this yet,the truth is that i have no idea, maybe he is...

Who is that "turbo diesel" guy? Does anyone else but jens_attacks uses this nickname?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Museeuw said:
Who is that "turbo diesel" guy? Does anyone else but jens_attacks uses this nickname?

Thomas Dekker himself uses this name on his FB page, so I guess it's his official nickname. Still it refers more to his good old days, since his return we've yet to see the diesel become Turbo. Vaughters seems optimistic though. :D

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I expect Taaramäe to do well here , he seems to have one of the best mix of TT/climbing out of the possible winners here and i expect him to go for the victory , although he may be here just to train and help someone like Le Mevel.

Pentacycle said:
Thomas Dekker himself uses this name on his FB page, so I guess it's his official nickname. Still it refers more to his good old days, since his return we've yet to see the diesel become Turbo. Vaughters seems optimistic though. :D
I don't know who came up with that name, but even Herbert Dijkstra used it back then. Keep in mind that TD was the prodigy of Dutch cycling, the guy who was gonna win the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS