• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Mediterraneen

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
laurentiu46 said:
Yes,Geniez is part of the new wave of french climbers,along with Romain Sicard and Thibaut Pinot,but it's too early in the season to compare his form with the other ones,given their teams' objectives.
Yeah, I know, but as slightly francophile, I'll take whatever I can get :D

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
Surprising climbing skills shown by Maxim Iglinskiy.:D

is it just a joke? for a man who was KOM on Tour de Suisse-08 (and second - in 2009 btw), and Suisse is not the last mountain race, is it?

I don't want to say that Maxim is top-climber, but he is not as bad as Bruyneel wants to talk, it's just a matter of level of freedom for him on races.

btw - 15th stage of Giro-08, when Maxim came from nowhere to be with Contador

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey KazahNrRider, I know this is OT, but where do I go to find the latest info on Astana? Their current website has been left to die after the current crew went to join Lance and Bruyneel at RadioShack.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
And 7th for El Fares - he had a good season last year (points jersey at Tirreno-Adriatico, winner of the Tour of Wallonie) and will hopefully have a better one in 2010.

I just came on to mention el fares... i think he looks interesting and I didnt realise he was still quite young...... well 24 or 25 (but i think this is young for a cyclist) Maybe he'll turn into good rider.. I think I will pick him if i play any of teh fantasy tour or giro games this year...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Apparently, it was the other way around: Gesink attacked, Valverde and Nocentini followed, and outsprinted him on the finish line. On his twitter Gesink says he's pleasantly surprised about his early season form.

T'is good news, I am expecting a good season from gesink, where he trades in his good high results for more wins.