• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour miracles 2009

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Every year throws up its share of miracles whether it be Rasmussen's climbing, the Landis breakaway, the Disco train

My nominations this year:
1. Contador - for winning the tour in the style of attempted doper Basso in the Giro a few years ago

2. Contador - for a time trialing performance that belies his climbers frame

3. Franck Schleck - officially the third best climber in the world

4. No positives - no doping positives. Will they come out later?

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The biggest miracle to me is that Lance is so willing to tarnish his legacy by making sour grapes comments about Contador.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Contador - How is he still walking on the ground? With all that power he should accidentally spring off and float towards the moon like Mr Sqiggle.

2. Denis Menchov - Still has all his limbs attached... and most of his skin. First blind man to complete a Tour de France by navigating corners using braile.

3. Cavendish - none of the riders took the opportunity to give him a tap off an Alp

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wicklow200 said:
Every year throws up its share of miracles whether it be Rasmussen's climbing, the Landis breakaway, the Disco train

My nominations this year:
1. Contador - for winning the tour in the style of attempted doper Basso in the Giro a few years ago

2. Contador - for a time trialing performance that belies his climbers frame

3. Franck Schleck - officially the third best climber in the world

4. No positives - no doping positives. Will they come out later?

I have a sneaking suspicion that ASO are covering up the results or saving them for after the tour.

TRENDING THREADS