• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Bejing (9th October - 13th October)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Gavazzi pulls closer to Martin in the overall.
UMUne.png

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
That was pretty pathetic for the queen stage for what surely should be Asia's "premier" cycling tour. China is a massive country. Surely they could have found a better hill to finish on. Also, why are they there in the first place? Who in China is paying for this, and for what reasons? Because the general public don't seem to care.

Nice win by Gavazzi.

ToreBear said:
As an ignorant EBH fanboy I'm pleased with his performance!:D

Would have been nicer if he could have held out another few meters, but I like the way he tried.
Indeed, he showed a lot of panache. He's been climbing better and better throughout this season, despite starting in TDU, and ending in Beijing (it's not possible to have a longer season!). Hopefully he can bring this form to the classics next year, which is what really matters.

Tomorrow's stage should be another bunch sprint, probably Viviani again, but the last stage could be a good stage if it's raced aggressively.

maltiv said:
Indeed, he showed a lot of panache. He's been climbing better and better throughout this season, despite starting in TDU, and ending in Beijing (it's not possible to have a longer season!). Hopefully he can bring this form to the classics next year, which is what really matters.
It seemed like he didn't really trust in his climbing though, he attacked when the gradient dropped a little, clearly he had studied the profile. I have no doubt that he could have been in the top-3 regardless.

I don't think his form has been that bad in the classics, after all in Oman and Tirreno he's shown before to have good form, and then fail to impress in the classics. The Worlds are a good sign though that he's learned to handle the distance, even if it wasn't such a hard race.

maltiv said:

Tomorrow's stage should be another bunch sprint, probably Viviani again, but the last stage could be a good stage if it's raced aggressively.

That's my understanding too. Though I have not been a fanboy long enough to watch his development over the years. From all I have read and seen though, he is becoming much better at climbing. I hope next year he improves even more, and also gets more oppurtunities to show his abiliities.

I hope he does well in the classics too. Hopefully he will have outgrown his stomach issues.:)

Marko Haller wins the sprint. I've never heard of him to be honest.

EBH had to start his sprint from 300 meters to go as he only had 1 leadout guy who had to ride far too long. Pointless to try to have a leadout when they don't have a team really.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We already know who will take GC, too easy lol

Do you know who??

No it will not be him

Can'y you guess who?

Rui Alberto Faria da Costa

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe this has been posted yet.

Result stage 4
1. Marco Haller (Aut) Katusha Team
2. Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre-ISD
3. Elia Viviani (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale
4. Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Arg) Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank
5. Daniele Bennati (Ita) RadioShack-Nissan
6. Francesco Chicchi (Ita) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
7. Klaas Lodewyck (Bel) BMC Racing Team
8. Allan Davis (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge
9. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Team Sky
10. Dominique Rollin (Can) FDJ-BigMat

Beijing is a crap race but the one thing it is good for is to give guys like Haller a chance to win their first WT race and guys like Gavazzi to end their season with a win that they haven't been able to get.

The Hitch said:
I was so happy to.see hallers reaction. Dude celebrated like if he had won the worlds and that's the passion i love to see.

Come to think of.it, most of.my happiest.moments of the year were katusha victories.
I will drink to that, Hitch, adding : Alberto's wins to it and Vino's Olympic medal

TRENDING THREADS