• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Bejing (9th October - 13th October)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Final stage and Overall results

jTsG0.png

bpQlK.png

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
A good race and excellent stage today. Fair play to Hesjedal for making it exciting but still delighted that Cummings won. That said, an equally exciting race could and should have been held somewhere else.

I'm happy seeing two Norwegians top three in the stage today. Sorry Canada he's ours. :D

I'm pleased with EBHs performance over the week. Sky looked really weak at the beginning but the young guys have improved. I'm impressed that Puccio could stay with the lead group and help EBH today.

On the Tour of Beijing, I liked it. But the coverage was rather weak even by cycling standards. To little of the stages were shown. Usually just the end in stages that were likely to provide some action much earlier. No graphics with distance remaining and time between groups. Just intermittently. The Norwegian commentator is good, but without the needed info he can only do so much.

I think cycling needs to be a bit more creative in providing real time information. They can use gps, soon Gallileo to provide a good overview. If they want they could probably provide live streaming from the bikes themselves over the Internet before the TV production starts.

But that's for the future I guess.

Btw. You could actually see some Chinese people today.:p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
second year TOB is already way much better than first year, partly due to fantastic weather. Hopefully they will do an even better job next year, I hope to see some sharp hill top finishes.:D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From the limited coverage I saw on free to air TV here in Aus, it looked very sterile - wether it's the lack of interest in pro cycling at the moment over there, or other factors, it gave me the feeling akin to a football match played behind closed doors, no atmosphere.

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
This race at least once again exemplified some of the shortcomings of both the CQ and UCI World Tour rankings:
Martin got more points for this race than Boonen for P-R

TRENDING THREADS