• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Of Britain 12th to 19th September

A

Anonymous

PLEASE DO NOT POST STAGE SPOILERS BEFORE 7PM GMT - DUE TO NO LIVE COVERAGE OF THE RACE AND HIGHLIGHTS PACKAGE BEING SHOWN 7pm-8pm GMT

TOB2009RouteMap-vi.png

START LIST

Agritubel (AGR)
Manager: Emmanuel Hubert
1 Lequatre,Geoffroy FRA
2 Berges,Emilien FRA
3 Bichot,Freddy FRA
4 Laurent,Christophe FRA
5 Feillu,Brice FRA
6 Vogondy,Nicolas FRA

Barloworld (BAR)
Manager: Valerio Tebaldi
11 Cummings,Steven GBR
12 Froome,Christopher GBR
13 Merlo,Michel ITA
14 Sconamiglio,Carlo ITA
15 Soler,Mauricio COL
16 Thomas,Geraint GBR

Team Columbia-HTC (THR)
Manager: Piva Valerio
21 Boasson Hagen,Edvald NOR
22 Lovkvist,Thomas SWE
23 Martin,Tony GER
24 Kirchen,Kim LUX
25 Dockx,Gert BEL
26 Monfort,Maxime BEL

Rapha Condor (RCR)
Manager: John Herety
31 Craven,Dan NAM
32 House,Kristian GBR
33 Lapthorne,Darren AUS
34 Newton,Chris GBR
35 Richardson,Simon GBR
36 Southam,Tom GBR

Candi-TV-Marshalls Pasta (CTV)
Manager: Phil Griffiths
41 Holt,Simon GBR
42 Briggs,Graham GBR
43 Elliott,Malcolm GBR
44 Downing,Russell GBR
45 Sampson,James GBR
46 Williams,Peter GBR

Ag2r La Mondiale (ALM)
Manager: Arturas Kasputis
51 Roche,Nicolas IRE
52 Dion,Renaud FRA
53 Kangert,Tanel EST
54 Dessel,Cyril FRA
55 Mondory,Lloyd FRA
56 Sonnery,Blaise FRA

Rabobank (RAB)
Manager: Erik Dekker
61 Stamsnijder,Tom NED
62 Brown,Graeme AUS
63 Reus,Kai NED
65 Niermann,Grischa GER
66 Ten Dam,Laurens NED

CSF Navigare (CDF)
Manager: Giuseppe Lanzoni
71 Finetto,Mauro ITA
72 Marangoni,Alan ITA
73 Canuti,Federico ITA
74 Pozzovivo,Domenico ITA
75 Savini,Filippo ITA
76 Zen,Enrico ITA

Joker Bianchi (TMB)
Manager: Gino Van Oudenhove
81 Kristoff,Alexander NOR
82 Wilmann,Frederik NOR
83 Remme,Stian NOR
84 Sortveit,Sondre G NOR
85 Nordhaug,Lars Petter NOR
86 Vold,Svein Erik NOR

Garmin-Slipstream (GRM)
Manager: Matt White
91 Wiggins,Bradley GBR
92 Duyn,Huub NED
93 Lowe,Trent AUS
94 Peterson,Tom USA
95 Sutton,Chris AUS
96 Van Der Velde,Ricardo NED

Topsport Vlaanderen (TSV)
Manager: Jean-Pierre Heynderickx
101 Mertens,Tim BEL
102 Criel,Tom BEL
103 De Gendt,Thomas BEL
104 Vandewalle,Kristof BEL
105 Vanheule,Bart BEL
106 Vanspeybrouck,Pieter BEL

Cervelo Test Team (CTT)
Manager: Zemke Jens
111 Appollonio,Davide ITA
112 Pauwels,Serge BEL
113 Fleeman,Dan GBR
114 Pujol Munoz,Oscar ESP
115 Lloyd,Daniel GBR
116 Reimer,Martin GER

Team Katusha (KAT)
Manager: Dimitry Konyshev
121 Swift,Ben GBR
122 Karpets,Vladimir RUS
123 Napolitano,Danilo ITA
124 Pozzato,Filippo ITA
125 Petrov,Evgueni RUS

Team Halfords (HAF)
Manager: Keith Lambert
131 Clancy,Edward GBR
132 Hayles,Robert GBR
133 McNally,Mark GBR
134 Bibby,Ian GBR
135 Tennant,Andrew GBR
136 Wilkinson,Ian GBR

Euskatel Euskadi (EUS)
Manager: Josu Larrazabal
141 Aramendia,Javier ESP
142 Fernandez,Koldo ESP
143 Velasco,Ivan ESP
144 De Lis,Sergio ESP
145 Agirre,Josu ESP
146 Galdos,Aitor ESP

Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team (VAC)
Manager: Kees de Brouwer
151 Ruygh,Rob NED
152 Berkhout,Thomas NED
153 Van Groen,Arnoud NED
154 Honig,Reinier NED
155 Golas,Michael POL
156 Mortensen,Martin DEN

ISD-Neri (ISD)
Manager: Bogdan Bondarov
161 Huzarsky,Bartozs POL
162 Clarke,Simon AUS
163 De Negri,Pierpaolo ITA
164 Colo,Alessandro ITA
165 Stannard,Ian GBR
166 Ricci Bitti,Davide ITA

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/
TV daily at 7pm on itv3 or 4.. cant remember which..

A

Anonymous

Very good field, improves every year, although expecting this to turn into the EBH show after three stages last year i think hes out for the overall..

Plenty of viewing for us.. Thursday stage is an hour on the train from us (can choose between the sprint point, or cycle through and watch the finish) fridays stage comes near our house (well aboutt 10 miles) and heading to london for the final stage... might do three days in a row.. :D

A

Anonymous

Im expecting Rapha to go all out for stage 5, and Candi TV as well, in fact the big boys might even leave them battle it out...

Stoke on Trent is the one both of those teams want.. although they might want to fight out stage 4 (blackpool) as well..

I'm looking forward to this race as I think the quality of the British teams can now match those of the professionla continental teams and some of the smaller ProTour teams, though maybe without the squad depth that having the larger budget provides.

I'd expect to Malcolm Elliot finish in the top half of the overall and be in a break or two.

I will be making my way to the stage in Blackpool as i've somehow managed to wangle the time off for it but won't see the end in London due to other plans, which is a shame as its always a good stage for us spectators.

A

Anonymous

lucybears said:
The startlist is VERY provisional. I expect more than 20 of those riders will not be there.

oh it is, and ive no idea when the final startlist will be issued.. theyre leaving it late..

coach all booked so london for us, already sussed out where the flagpole is going.. we figure about 20metres the other side of the finish line.. be there as usual 8 hours before the race...

Popping to crediton to the sprint point on friday, and then thursday debating train to barnstaple and watching the sprint point, or train to barnstaple, cycle to bideford and watch the finish.. who knows.. shall decide on thursday

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
Have to go for EBH for the overall.

Brain says EBH by a country mile, especially after last year, he likes the terrain and the climate.. but im gonna stick my neck out and say Pozzato, experience over exuberance..

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Tour of Britain? Tell that to the good folks of Scotland and Wales.
Must be that Hadrian's Wall and Offa's Dyke are just, too hors catagory for the town planners.....sorry organisers.

yeh its a shame it only flirts with the scottish borders.. i dont think the tour of britain has been as tough as it could have been for a few years, in the kellogs days i remember some pretty serious climbs that surprised a lot of the non brits who where expecting rolling countryside and didnt think their where killer climbs outside of the alps.. funny to see foriegn riders pushing bikes up our little cobbled hills.. :D

listened to russ downings interview yesterday where they talked about the lack of real big city centre finishes, and he said how dissapointing he was.. does he forget the city centres all got given their racing earlier in the year with the new tour series, its the little towns turn now..

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Must be that Hadrian's Wall and Offa's Dyke are just, too hors catagory for the town planners.....sorry organisers.

Its because england is the only important part. The welsh and the sweats don't really matter;)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:

I thought the Scots didn't want to be part of Britain. Only when it suits.

A

Anonymous

Andy99 said:
I thought the Scots didn't want to be part of Britain. Only when it suits.

it does just go into scotland....

decent stage today, team sky get another win.. :) but that leaders jersey is godawful...

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
but that leaders jersey is godawful...

I only had a brief glimpse of it when Sutton was being interviewed.......it seems to have a lot of unnecessary white bits plastered onto the yellow, so Yuck ! :( (Really need a 'vomit smiley' for this sort of occasion).

On a positive note, I do like the KoM jersey with the pois rouges in diminishing sizes. Sweet. :cool:

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Can't stay on unlucky Post 13, so I'll just observe that the same two girls did all the podium work today.

And that the level crossing incident was a bit embarassing.

A

Anonymous

Crunchy Frog said:
I only had a brief glimpse of it when Sutton was being interviewed.......it seems to have a lot of unnecessary white bits plastered onto the yellow, so Yuck ! :( (Really need a 'vomit smiley' for this sort of occasion).

On a positive note, I do like the KoM jersey with the pois rouges in diminishing sizes. Sweet. :cool:

im sure the podium girs where the two from the tour series.. but then, all podium girls look the same to me.. :/

A

Anonymous

ingsve said:
Did something happen to EBH in the finish? It's strange that he went for seconds in the sprints but not at the finish. It seems like he should have been able to beat the others in this field in a sprint if he's in good shape.

i think he was just stretching his legs earlier in the day to be honest, it became clear that garmin where willing to do the work so columbia for once got to take a back seat, i think the only columbia presence towards the front was purely to keep EBH out of danger, rather than a high position.. He finished 20th but the bonus;s keep him just a few seconds off the lead.. Longer race this year, so no great rush.. the extra three days i think will make a difference..

Nice to see elliot coming in just outside top 10. the old mans still got some legs left..

anyone know what happened to the guys 15 minutes back...?

A

Anonymous

Stage 2
tobstage2map_600.jpg

8xkdgy.jpg

pretty much a repeat of stage 6 last year.. finished in a sprint finish with Alessandro Petacchi winning the stage.. would pretty much expect the same again but i think columbia will probably be keeping an eye on a certain someone to make sure he doesnt sneak any more seconds... in fact the last two sprint points could be interesting with the pelaton likely together and bonus seconds up for grabs,, I think a certain mr Downing might try and sneak off the front..

oh... can we try not to post results before its on telly as its not on live.. ;)

TRENDING THREADS