• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Britain 2014 - 07/09 - 14/09 (2.HC)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JRanton said:
Oh ffs. Why on earth did they decide to do that? They could have kept it interesting until the end with 3 intermediate sprints (like the other stages) and the normal finish line bonuses.

It's because the stage 8 is divided in two sections, A (the time trial) and B (the flat stage).

AFAIK, all points and bonuses awarded must be divided between the sections.

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
JRanton said:
Oh ffs. Why on earth did they decide to do that? They could have kept it interesting until the end with 3 intermediate sprints (like the other stages) and the normal finish line bonuses.

Probably because they can't see the future.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Woohoo van Baarle!

Maybe still a bit unknown, but it's his first year with the pros.
:D

A desserved win by young Dylan. Does a pretty decent first season with the pros. Lot of potential, we will see him again on the cobbles, mark my words

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Sir Wiggo and Kwiatkowski getting beaten by youngster Van Baarle in this race is a bit embarrassing for those two,of course the lack of radios didn't help them either.Interesting too see,if Van Baarle will become one of the next stars in the following years.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Ryan Mullen really good! Guess he's got a bright future ahead of him. :)

Anybody know if he's staying with An Post next year?

It's not clear yet. He is very young. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the u23 world TT. 7th I think last year, but he was a first year espoir and the six who finished ahead of him are all ineligible now.

Dazed and Confused said:
But thats where variance comes in.
Choose a different climb next time etc. It shouldn't change the overall character of race.
Small and twisty roads are also great and there are plenty around in GB.
The only thing we don't need is another uphill circus.

Yes I completely agree, there should only be 1 uphill finish in a week long race then a few tough climbs near the final in other stages. The only criticism I've got of this year is the 2 city crits they had, although both Liverpool and especially London pay good money for hosting them.