• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Croatia 2.HC (17/04 - 22/04)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.gif

Gigs_98 said:
Eg finished in front of Gianluca "I want to become a GC rider" Brambilla. That performance by him was close to embarrassing.
Yes it was, but maybe Brambilla will peak for Giro and Eg is near the peak now, and this mountain shows who is better prepared now. Still they needed to build comradarie for Giro and there Eg will be helper.

Squire said:
Bushman said:
Gigs_98 said:
Eg finished in front of Gianluca "I want to become a GC rider" Brambilla. That performance by him was close to embarrassing.

Wonder if Eg could have fought for the victory if he didnt slave for Brambilla. Impressive.

Who the hell is Gidich?
The Kazakh Valverde :D You will hear a lot from him in the coming years.

Guy has a ridiculous sprint for a climber, endless potential

JoeD1997 said:
Squire said:
Bushman said:
Gigs_98 said:

Wonder if Eg could have fought for the victory if he didnt slave for Brambilla. Impressive.

Who the hell is Gidich?
The Kazakh Valverde :D You will hear a lot from him in the coming years.

Guy has a ridiculous sprint for a climber, endless potential

Agreed. Was 100 procent sure he was a sprinter.

Bushman said:
Gigs_98 said:

Who the hell is Gidich?
I don't know if wind was a big factor on the climb (probably not that much), but it's a certainty that he spent a considerable amount of extra power to windle the peloton down with his 13km leadout for Brambilla since he was not only leading the group on the steeper sections but also on the flat sections of the climb. I'm actually a little shocked to see that he only lost 1:38 in the end and came fifth. It must be a sign that he has a great engine for a climber.

A real killer climb, and a very nice stage to watch. Still, it would work better IMO if scheduled on the penultimate day. Just shift Ucka/Poklon stage and Sveti Jure stage (with an appropriate change of transition stages between), and it would be a nearly perfect race design.

TRENDING THREADS