• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Denmark 2019

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was i supposed to be annoyed by the topic doing well? I'm sorry, i must have missed the memo. In that case...

Hmmm, stupid Danish kiss-my-ass tour (mumble) dumb topic (mumble) pfffft.
Actually, it was just meant as a friendly comment, but you decided to perceive it in the exact opposite way. I am sorry about that.

Back to topic. I do think Danmark Rundt has been more interesting than Binck Bank was (so far at least), considering the terrain we have in Denmark.

Actually, it was just meant as a friendly comment, but you decided to perceive it in the exact opposite way. I am sorry about that.
Ah, sorry, that wasn't really clear. But my post was meant to be lighthearted anyway, so no worries. I thought you had mistaken my (false) prediction as wishful thinking on my part. I find it sad/frustrating that often smaller races get a topic with few posts, or just the same two or three posters talking to themselves. Like the tour of Austria or Adriatica Ionica. In such a case, i do think it's better to post in the "smaller races" topic. But i'm glad this topic is blooming.

Well, you could just admit to being wrong. There’s no shame in being wrong from time to time, it happens to everyone.

Edit: Oops, I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote Broccoli’s “you care way too much buddy”

Already did mate - before he chimed in - feel free to scroll up.

Toby and Valv always jump on anything I say - i'm their pet peeve - which is really rather sweet, when you think about it ;)

f122b7189374b9486f17553d0fee08be13de057c79510bb2c52ac0bbac9c68b1.jpg

Ah, sorry, that wasn't really clear. But my post was meant to be lighthearted anyway, so no worries. I thought you had mistaken my (false) prediction as wishful thinking on my part. I find it sad/frustrating that often smaller races get a topic with few posts, or just the same two or three posters talking to themselves. Like the tour of Austria or Adriatica Ionica. In such a case, i do think it's better to post in the "smaller races" topic. But i'm glad this topic is blooming.
I am glad it was. As I have expressed earlier, the 'lesser races' thread is not my cup of tea because I find it messy and impossible to navigate through, and it has never made sense to me that a race as big as Danmark Rundt should be placed in that thread, since it is usually one of the more unique HC races that also attract the most attention on this forum, owing in large to what has over the years become a fairly big fanbase of Danes. I guess I misunderstood your initial comment on how this race would likely not receive a lot of attention, because I thought you were trying to marginalize the race on purpose, hence the humorous comment. But I see now that it was not the case.

As for future race threads, I see no reason why we have to limit the races to the 'lesser races' thread. Apart from the archival benefits that having dedicated race threads give, the beauty of this forum is also that we discuss and pay respect to even the smallest of races. I find that having dedicated race threads is more in the spirit of that. The same goes for rider threads, by the way, where having specific threads for even the most random and unknown young Colombians or Belgians is part of the charm of this forum.

Sorry for going so much out of topic.

And those races does suffer a bit from being at the same time as that race down in France...

I also prefer Tour of Denmark over BinckBank these days. At least ToD doesn't have four pancake flat stages.

Imagine having all the best riders from the cobbled and Ardennes classics here to compete. Could be an elite race with Wellens, Naesen, GVA, Sagan, Alaphillipe, WVA, MVDP and co.

The "Ardennes stage" would obviously be held in Vejle.

The "Flanders stage" could take place in Aabenraa. The cobbled climb Dimen isn't as long as Kappelmuur but the stones are more Roubaix-esque.

Tour of Denmark should definitely never become WT!

1. Let's face it; it's just not big enough!

2. It's the main (if not only) way for young Danish conti riders to show themselves against the WT riders on home soil.
Remember back in 2013, when this young guy from Cult Energy won stage 1, and then - just to show it wasn't a one-hit-wonder - won stage 4 as well?
Or another young guy who back in 2009, riding for Designa Køkken, won the overall, went on to sign with Saxo Bank, and won two more times?

Reactions: Simurgh
Tour of Denmark should definitely never become WT!

1. Let's face it; it's just not big enough!

2. It's the main (if not only) way for young Danish conti riders to show themselves against the WT riders on home soil.
Remember back in 2013, when this young guy from Cult Energy won stage 1, and then - just to show it wasn't a one-hit-wonder - won stage 4 as well?
Or another young guy who back in 2009, riding for Designa Køkken, won the overall, went on to sign with Saxo Bank, and won two more times?
2008 :)

It's a matter of intensifying the stages like they do with the Flemish Classics, BinckBank and Amsel. The same climbs can be raced plenty of times during the stage.

Compared to yesterday's Vejle stage, I added another 1000 vertical meters and it's still 14 km shorter.

https://www.cronoescalada.com/index.php/tracks/view/569499

I really like your stage creation. Which is the hardest climb in Denmark?

Shouldn't they have enough climbs in the Ardennes not to have to circle around the same ones all the time in the Bink Bank Tour

Reactions: Velolover2
I really like your stage creation. Which is the hardest climb in Denmark?

Shouldn't they have enough climbs in the Ardennes not to have to circle around the same ones all the time in the Bink Bank Tour
Here is a list (in Danish):
http://climbs.dk/index.html

The general consensus is probably that the climb from Vang (on Bornholm island) is the toughest in Denmark, if you consider length and average gradient

It's a matter of intensifying the stages like they do with the Flemish Classics, BinckBank and Amsel. The same climbs can be raced plenty of times during the stage.

Compared to yesterday's Vejle stage, I added another 1000 vertical meters and it's still 14 km shorter.

https://www.cronoescalada.com/index.php/tracks/view/569499

Yeah, there really is a potential of a hilly one-day race in Vejle and its surroundings - I read a while ago that the Deputy Major of Vejle municipality wants to launch a one-day race if the Grand Depart in 2021 goes as well as expected. And I think if done right, it could to a degree replicate the success of Strade Bianche, even though I certainly recognize that the popularity is generated by the fact, that Strade is a unique race, especially because of its sterrati.

Reactions: Velolover2

TRENDING THREADS