• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Hangzhou added to WorldTour

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am glad that this race is removed- China at the moment does not even have many fans ( even though there are 1 billion in the country ) that go see the Tour of Beijing and the organisation would probably have not let a lot of people go see Hangzhou.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Crap. Cycling doesn't need to grow, the sport is just fine as it is. Can someone please throw McQuack and his minions off a cliff before the sport is ****ed up beyond repair?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
LouieLouie said:
Crap. Cycling doesn't need to grow, the sport is just fine as it is. Can someone please throw McQuack and his minions off a cliff before the sport is ****ed up beyond repair?

Cycling is a little tiny sport outside of Europe. There is a lot of room to grow just about everywhere else.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
the asian said:
If Pat's company which organizes the race, suffer any financial losses, then I would be glad:)

for sure. how do Beijing and Hangzhou get WT at first place? UCI is corrupted to the core, people like Pat are using UCI for personal gains.

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll prefer a race around Hangzhou rather than Beijing at any time though. Nicer area, breathable air, and there might actually be some locals that are interested in the race. However, in China, everything has to go to Beijing the first time.