• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Hangzhou added to WorldTour

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
All depends on route. If its going to be interesting race with some decent parcours noone will complain a lot about race itself (about uci and their strange ideas i guess evryone will complain :) ) But honestly im expecting something similiar to Bejing meaning extremely boring race with almost flat stages only. No action. And gc decided on time trial.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
It's about time the cycling teams boycot the UCI. Only in it to fill their own pockets but couldn't give a **** about the riders. When are they gonna put on Armstrong on trial? The biggest fraud in the history of cycling. Oh no, they won't. He made them a lot of money.

Meh.
It's down for October 17-21 of this year, so what's the problem.
Another race to watch and after the normal season end.
Call it WT if they want, I don't care.
In any case, we all know that the World Tour is really called the Money Tour.

On a separate, but similar theme.
Has anybody else noticed Dave Harmon is now plugging the Tour of Taiwan?
Seems Eurosport are bringing this little known "gem",:rolleyes: live to our screens, this month.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
If they want WorldTour races in Asia they should just upgrade already existing ones like Langkawi and Qinghai Lake instead of making up these new ones

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What are the odds the race will be put on by McQuaid's brother's company. Wasn't that or something similar the case with the Tour of Bejing?

My problem with these new WT stage races is that they give as many points as winning the Tour of Flanders, Paris Roubaix or Liege Bastogne Liege. Which, if you think about it, is ridicolous and should never happen.

Now some ***-clown who has some late season form and decides to go for the Chinese races can suddenly destroy the World Tour ranking :eek:
Imagine Michael Rogers feels good in october, wins both races and wins the World Tour as a result?

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I care... that's enough for me. ;)

I just want a normal official (so not CQ) UCI ranking which is somewhat realistic in showing who's the best rider over the year.
WT is a joke :(

Well, they have their official ranking which they use to evaluate the sporting criteria, which is closer to CQ than it is to WT..... Problem is they don't show these ranking off to anybody

Portugal (since 1927) is 2.1, Colombia (since 1951) is 2.2, Qatar (since 2002) is 2.HC, California (since 2006) is 2.HC, Oman (since 2010) is 2.HC.....

Why do they call it Historical Calendar?

About World Tour, I agree with Dekker, it's just wrong that crap races like Beijing give the same points as monuments and truely important races.

TRENDING THREADS