• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah, August 7-12, 2012

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
We are having a hot week here. This should be a brutal race.

The Empire Pass climb on Sunday will be superb to watch. I don't think people know what a rough climb that is. Should be a very fast descent. We had an uphill time trial series every other Thursday there about 3 years ago.

Hopefully no major fires. Right now we have one fire in the valley that has caused mandatory evacuations. Nothing up north in Ogden or in the Park City area. If we have a fire, the valley traps all that smoke making cycling very unpleasant.

The summer rains have kicked in here, but June was dry and as hot as I've seen it. Hope for some local mountain showers.

The Tour Tracker is broadcast from start to finish and not the last two hours as I posted earlier. The Fox Sports Network will be airing the last two hours.
Start time 10:15 MST, 12:15 EST.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I really wish Ben King would get a chance to showcase...but I know that ain't gonna happen. I will be pulling for him anyway. :)

BillytheKid said:
The summer rains have kicked in here, but June was dry and as hot as I've seen it. Hope for some local mountain showers.

The Tour Tracker is broadcast from start to finish and not the last two hours as I posted earlier. The Fox Sports Network will be airing the last two hours.
Start time 10:15 MST, 12:15 EST.

Where is "here"? Because it's not Salt Lake City. We've barely gotten any rains.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Where is "here"? Because it's not Salt Lake City. We've barely gotten any rains.

Albuquerque... I checked you weather, pushing 100F for few days. Are you getting alot of thermal related winds?