• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah is Cleans

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
On an internationally broadcast stage of the Tour of Utah today, the cameras followed the stage winner and the yellow jersey from the time they crossed the finish line through their celebrating with teammates, staff etc. Not a UCI official in sight. Sad. Is this the norm at all low level UCI races or is this USA Cycling 2004 all over again?

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere a couple of years ago there was no testing at the Tour of California. There's the possibility that there is no testing at ToU. Whether or not that is the norm in .hc, .1 and .2 races I don't know.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes it's the norm.
Which is quite ok. Par for the course for prosport.
It just begs the question why some people including most journos choose to buy into snakeoil salesmen like Fraughters and Brailsfraud.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth, they have volunteer positions listed to help with anti-doping, whether it's actually uses is another story.

[url:1bop63de]https://www.tourofutah.com/experience/2017volunteers[/url] said:
Anti-Doping Control: notify and chaperone athletes who ha[/url]ve been selected for anti-doping tests
immediately following the race; must remain with the athlete until they check-in at the anti-doping
control station; trained by the Anti-Doping Control Officer and must be male; needed only in the
finish cities.