• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah: Stage 1

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Highlander said:
The coverage was ridiculously bad. As they went into the final turn, the camera stayed on the turn and watched the caravan rather than the race. The announcers had no idea who won the race and just had to guess based on the rider's build. However, I can't really complain because we have so few races in the U.S that get any TV coverage.

Yeah they effed up the final K's coverage big time. But you have to admit all of the coverage leading up to it was well done. I thought they did a great job switching back and forth between the heli's and motorcycles and between the leaders and chasers.

Great 1st stage route too.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Which just makes the lacking coverage even worse!

I actually thought the one moto videoographer did a good job. 5 hours behind the camera in that heat and being on most of the time...that's hard work. To bad they messed up in the production unit and could not switch to the right cameras and on time at the finish. My guess is this is on the job training for them. Frankie and his sidekick have no production staff to whisper wisdom in the ear. Unfortunately low budget, barebones video.