• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah, Stage 3; Ogden to the University of Utah

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Really enjoying the whole package of the Tour of Utah 'Tour Tracker' coverage, in some ways more user friendly than the TdF one anyway. Ok, camera work iffy at times, but the stats and info around the picture is really good.

Just stop the endless chatter and I would be alright with it all in all. No mention of the headwind. Schopp is doomed, but what an effort. Well done.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Tschopp is descending quite well, as he's been doing in the past.

That last "downhill" is just like riding windy flats in a hard gear. It's about power, not descending skills. I'm not sure a single rider who's been in a long break will have the power to pull it off. Sadly, I see another bunch sprint today.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
The finishing shot was disappointing
They did same the first day. I think the videographers at the finish and the producer have never covered a bike race. They have two fixed camera's at the finish, but keep using the helo shot.:confused:

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
My feed paused with 500 to go. I thought they were gonna go into commercial. Hey, I've seen it happen during New Years countdown, so why not.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
That's quite an impressive performance there! He finally got the tactics and the position right this time.

BMC failing again, as expected after a perfect leadout. :eek:

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
That's quite an impressive performance there! He finally got the tactics and the position right this time.

BMC failing again, as expected after a perfect leadout. :eek:

Pretty much a straight in sprint with just one corner. Too bad they could not have routed through the Research Park.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone's wondering, that's not humid air hiding the mountains in the background. That's full blown smog from one of the brush fires around here. Hopefully, they put them out, cause tomorrow's stage is heading in their direction.

In addition to being hot, the air currently sucks in Utah.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
DSQ Matt Brammeier (Irl) Omega Pharma-Quickstep
DSQ Tom Jelte Slagter (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team
DSQ Jonas Ahlstrand (Swe) Team Argos - Shimano.

Apparently the jury's been a little too strict, they've taken three riders out of the race for hanging onto (team) cars.

They sure know how to treat foreign teams who spend a lot of effort to race here,
not knowing that in America touching a car means being kicked out of the race immediately. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS