• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tragic News

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
boomcie said:
Hell no...

One of the few people around here that I genuinely like and one of the only I people I included as "friend" (as superficial as that is) on these boards.

The guy had a mode of life that I respect dearly. I know I am not the easiest person to comprehend or to be around and I often agitate people, but he looked right through my manifest behaviour. People that succeed in doing so have good chances of becoming my friend in real life.

I remember how he was one of those people that didn't take my harshness and silliness serious. The people that see me for who I am and realize that I don't mean to **** people off are rare in this world, not only on this forum. He was one of those people.

From my personal experience I can only say that he stood out among the rest. He was to only guy that voted in that grotesquely absurd "Boomcie is totally awesome"-thread. I never would have thought that anyone would take that thread seriously, sadly some people did, but it also showed Craig at his finest: a guy that's genuinely kind and understanding and someone who assumes the best in people, never the worst.

Thanks for looking past absurdity and stupidity and not taking life too serious at all time. It's people like you that make this world worth living in (for me personally).

Can't help being all teary-eyed now.

Quoted for truth

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
just saw this. devestated... :(
he was honestly one of my favorite people here, such a top guy.
This is tragic, I have been curious to his non-activity but never did I consider this. May he rest in peace, you'll be missed brother.

:(

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Like many I just saw this. Am truly sorry for his family and friends and will miss the appropriate wit. Race this weekend thinking of his life ending early...

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I still consider myself new to this forum and to the sport of cycling. I didn't know Craig as well as the majority of the people posting here, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel bad about what has happened. Too young to go as many have already said. And it's incredible how even without actually knowing someone in person, you can feel close to them in some way. For many it was through here I would assume.

RIP Craig.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely shocked by this news. Craig seemed a top bloke when we interacted here and he'll be missed around these parts.
Vale Craig, you'll be in a better place now mate.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this.
Following forum/net sporadically lately.
Up in tears now. It's just a virtual thing, never met him in person, but touching anyway. Nice edgy bloke and 100% cyclist. Will be in bikers heaven.

Craig...man. Scheisse.

Condolences to the family and everyone.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I too am sad to read this. He seemed like one of the nicest if not the nicest user here. I remember he rick-rolled me once but other than that, never really new him. But it was hard not to notice how unexceptionally kind and friendly he was to everyone.

TRENDING THREADS