• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Akuryo said:
But OPQS with Bakala as their owner is also loaded. I doubt that Sky would pay so much more for him. Or is he becoming their new leader at Giro/Vuelta, since Porte seems to always have his "one day off". That could very well explain the increased salary. He would deserve a shot at a GT, to be honest.

Well, the best solution is take Wout Poels then:D:rolleyes:

It's a real strange rider, because he isn't a GT rider, and he isn't a classic rider too (he always disappoints in these races). So he's very promising, but in which races i dont know;)

Poels was a last minute signing. He didn't had any say in the amount of salary he wanted. He was just glad to have a team like OPQS. So his didn't had a big contract anyway.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
Losing EBH's deal gives Sky about an extra 2 mil to throw at guys like Poels, Roche and considering Brailsford wants to win two GT's in a year the likes of Morabito could be worth a look.

lol ebh doesn't make 2 million a year. but pls provide any form of evidence to the contrary

Ryo Hazuki said:
lol ebh doesn't make 2 million a year. but pls provide any form of evidence to the contrary

It's not evidence but it was reported in Norwegian media that he had offers from teams of NOK 20m (close to EUR 2.5m) when he was signing the latest contract. I'm pretty certain he makes close to EUR 2m, it's definitely north of 1.5M. This was in 2011 of course, he should be delighted if he can get half of that today.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/boasson-hagen-faar-tilbud-om-opp-mot-20-mill-i-aarsloenn-3635796.html

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
kanari said:
It's not evidence but it was reported in Norwegian media that he had offers from teams of NOK 20m (close to EUR 2.5m) when he was signing the latest contract. I'm pretty certain he makes close to EUR 2m, it's definitely north of 1.5M. This was in 2011 of course, he should be delighted if he can get half of that today.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/boasson-hagen-faar-tilbud-om-opp-mot-20-mill-i-aarsloenn-3635796.html

that's about as much proove as me saying he's making 300.000 at sky

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems that Rory Sutherland is very disappointed about not going to Vuelta with Saxo, could he be on the way out?

"Wow. Well that was a little different than what I was told. #disappointed #frustrated"

Also Manuele Boaro hinted he is on the way out, which I think is fair, not shown too much lately.

"Sad and Angry for not being there to Vuelta Espana !! Better to stay calm and look at the future..."

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Their Vuelta team likely would have been much different had Contador not crashed. Probably would have given the opportunity to some of their lesser riders to take their own chances, get some GT miles in the legs, or to show what they can do over 3 weeks. But now with Contador riding, he requires a team that can fully support him and any GC chances he may have.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Their Vuelta team likely would have been much different had Contador not crashed. Probably would have given the opportunity to some of their lesser riders to take their own chances, get some GT miles in the legs, or to show what they can do over 3 weeks. But now with Contador riding, he requires a team that can fully support him and any GC chances he may have.

Contador was going to ride Vuelta regardless of what happened at the Tour. So no excuse from the team of something what was known since the beginning of the year.

boringboy said:
Seems that Rory Sutherland is very disappointed about not going to Vuelta with Saxo, could he be on the way out?

"Wow. Well that was a little different than what I was told. #disappointed #frustrated"

I am also frustrated by the team! First Jesus can't race, Roman isn't free to race, oh wait, surprise, Jesus is in great shape!
I hope Rory gets a spot on next year's team but it's not looking good :( all that hard work he did for Alberto earlier has been for nothing :(

Also Manuele Boaro hinted he is on the way out, which I think is fair, not shown too much lately.

"Sad and Angry for not being there to Vuelta Espana !! Better to stay calm and look at the future..."

Manuele has a contract with the team for next year.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
boringboy said:

shiit,I feel bad for manu and rory:(

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
damian13ster said:
ehh..........no?

Media sources is as much of a prove as you can get without knowing the rider/somebody in the team.

You are just some guy from a forum

what kind of idiotic bs is this? even a journalist has to have a source. otyherwise his opinion is about as much worth as mine here

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
and people overestimate journalist too.most of us here have the same or better informations and knowledge about cycling than journous.of course there are exceptions,but these days most of them are crap:eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Damiano Cunego is going to leave Lampre at the end of the season.

He talks with two teams. The one, Vini-Fantini, i don't found rather strange, but the second one is ..... Bretagne Séché!

Cunego leaving Lampre-Merida, talks with small teams http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/?page=news&cod=71490&tp=n … (Italian) Tuttobici lifts a Gazzetta piece then adds © symbol

Well, that will be a surprising move.
:eek:
Sepulveda and Cunego,what a duo!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS