• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 125 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trevim said:

jens_attacks said:
At least i hope he will be in the volta

If they can afford it it would be nice. Edgar Pinto and Paco for the GC, Palini in the hilly sprints, Gusev road captain, Jelloul and Haddi are more than reasonable riders. Chtioui has European experience.

They wouldn't disgrace themselves, and they'd be better than some of the teams we've seen in the Volta in recent years. The 2011 Konya Törku-Seker Spor team in particular springs to mind, when by the first rest day the whole team except Danail Petrov had dropped out.

http://uhcprocycling.com/2014/10/team-welcomes-janez-brajkovic-2015-roster/

Somehow I'd failed to notice that Brajkovic had signed for UHC.

That's a very clever signing for them - they've made a habit of picking up one guy who is more than good enough for the World Tour as a GC leader in recent years. A rider with talent who has found himself in a bit of career difficulty and is going cheap, like Sutherland and Deignan. Brajkovic is a similar sort of signing but a tier above in terms of quality.

It won't do them any harm in terms of their Giro wild card chances, along with the Italians they've picked up, although I think there are just too many Italian ProConti teams for that race to be a good one for any other ProConti team to target. The Vuelta would really be a wiser choice. But whether they get a wild card or not, Brajkovic should allow them to make a big impact at the main US stage races. Their bread and butter is dominating the domestic crit scene with their sprinters. Being able to seriously compete in the UCI ranked US stage races, as they have with their cheap WT level leaders in recent years is a nice addition.

I like to see Pro Continental teams showing a bit of ambition. And I like to see teams keeping a consistent eye out for the clever, opportunistic, pick up.

From his point of view, well it worked out very well for Sutherland and Deignan. Those guys got a platform to remind people that they are actually good. He will be able to have a real go at winning some reasonably notable stage races. He will get total team support in those races. There will be better GC riders than him in those races perhaps, but there won't be any better than him who have specifically targeted those races as their year's goals. He could win or podium any of them. And less talented riders than him have used exactly that role with UHC as a spring board back to the WT as higher profile and better regarded riders than they were when they left.

vladimir said:
You obviously missed Amstel last year?

He was key to Gilbert's win and Gilbert knows it.....very high in his praise of SAMU...Wouldn't do that unless he was a good domestique

Samu not on top form in Giro last year but rode a very good Vuelta and 6th place is not to be sneezed at in that field...beat lots of riders who are supposed at the top of their game.....

I would have him in my team above alot of so called top riders...he has something when he is in form

roundabout said:
a 5th in GdL and 6th in the Vuelta and a few seconds on the front on the Cauberg.That's it.

Hope BMC didn't break the bank

Better than Basso,Zubeldia, VdeBrooke, F Schleck, Kiserloski,Gesink, Ten Dam, etc an I bet they all get paid alot more

Your glib comment shows you haven't a clue what you are talking about ...

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
jaylew said:
No surprise and I don't know his current contract situation, but there are apparently 5 WT teams interested in Gaviria.

Yet not a single one is interested in Diaz! Of course with Gaviria they know he's clean because he probably gets tested a lot at the track races. Still, I'd expect a team like Androni to pick up guys like diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS