Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Anderis said:
According to CQ, EF already have 29 riders for 2019 and Villalobos will be joining in the summer as the 30th rider so they wouldn't have a place for Dani Moreno if:
- CQ got everything right
- Villalobos will actually join as indended in mid-season and nobody will retire/cancel his contract before that

I also never read that his contract was for 2 years but I may be not the best informed man on this topic.
Looks like no place for Brendan Canty and with Aussie season about to start, it's unlikely he's heading back there. Antipodean riders have often found a spot on the UK domestic scene, but that's been fairly decimated this year and there's plenty of surplus British riders.

Andriy Grivko still without a contract. He's 35 but based on last season's results, could still do a good job for a pro-conti team. Maybe after 9 years at Astana, he's unwilling to relocate
 
Re: Re:

postmanhat said:
Anderis said:
According to CQ, EF already have 29 riders for 2019 and Villalobos will be joining in the summer as the 30th rider so they wouldn't have a place for Dani Moreno if:
- CQ got everything right
- Villalobos will actually join as indended in mid-season and nobody will retire/cancel his contract before that

I also never read that his contract was for 2 years but I may be not the best informed man on this topic.
Looks like no place for Brendan Canty and with Aussie season about to start, it's unlikely he's heading back there. Antipodean riders have often found a spot on the UK domestic scene, but that's been fairly decimated this year and there's plenty of surplus British riders.

Andriy Grivko still without a contract. He's 35 but based on last season's results, could still do a good job for a pro-conti team. Maybe after 9 years at Astana, he's unwilling to relocate
A shame about Canty, his Conti results suggested that he's certainly got the talent. Hope someone picks him up.

If Bennelong-Swiss Wellness are serious about a Pro Conti licence they can do worse than sign a rider like Canty.
 
Zinoviev Letter said:
pastronef said:
Tugboat said:
Wouter Wippert confirms on his instagram that he is going to new Irish Continental team Evo Pro Racing in 2019.
Aaron Gate (NZ) former AquaBlue, joins Evo Pro Racing too
These are surprisingly high level signings for what I had thought was going to be an operation aimed simply at getting some of the best domestic amateurs some semi-pro racing.
They must have wanted some team leads/mentors who can get results and invites.
 
42x16ss said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
pastronef said:
Tugboat said:
Wouter Wippert confirms on his instagram that he is going to new Irish Continental team Evo Pro Racing in 2019.
Aaron Gate (NZ) former AquaBlue, joins Evo Pro Racing too
These are surprisingly high level signings for what I had thought was going to be an operation aimed simply at getting some of the best domestic amateurs some semi-pro racing.
They must have wanted some team leads/mentors who can get results and invites.
Some experienced pros are obviously desirable for a new Conti outfit, I’m just a bit surprised that they have the money. They’ve also just signed Cyrus Monk, Aussie U23 champ.
 
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
postmanhat said:
Anderis said:
According to CQ, EF already have 29 riders for 2019 and Villalobos will be joining in the summer as the 30th rider so they wouldn't have a place for Dani Moreno if:
- CQ got everything right
- Villalobos will actually join as indended in mid-season and nobody will retire/cancel his contract before that

I also never read that his contract was for 2 years but I may be not the best informed man on this topic.
Looks like no place for Brendan Canty and with Aussie season about to start, it's unlikely he's heading back there. Antipodean riders have often found a spot on the UK domestic scene, but that's been fairly decimated this year and there's plenty of surplus British riders.

Andriy Grivko still without a contract. He's 35 but based on last season's results, could still do a good job for a pro-conti team. Maybe after 9 years at Astana, he's unwilling to relocate
A shame about Canty, his Conti results suggested that he's certainly got the talent. Hope someone picks him up.

If Bennelong-Swiss Wellness are serious about a Pro Conti licence they can do worse than sign a rider like Canty.
For me, Canty is the biggest individual disappointment of all EF/Cannondale riders in the last 2 years.
 
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
42x16ss said:
postmanhat said:
Anderis said:
According to CQ, EF already have 29 riders for 2019 and Villalobos will be joining in the summer as the 30th rider so they wouldn't have a place for Dani Moreno if:
- CQ got everything right
- Villalobos will actually join as indended in mid-season and nobody will retire/cancel his contract before that

I also never read that his contract was for 2 years but I may be not the best informed man on this topic.
Looks like no place for Brendan Canty and with Aussie season about to start, it's unlikely he's heading back there. Antipodean riders have often found a spot on the UK domestic scene, but that's been fairly decimated this year and there's plenty of surplus British riders.

Andriy Grivko still without a contract. He's 35 but based on last season's results, could still do a good job for a pro-conti team. Maybe after 9 years at Astana, he's unwilling to relocate
A shame about Canty, his Conti results suggested that he's certainly got the talent. Hope someone picks him up.

If Bennelong-Swiss Wellness are serious about a Pro Conti licence they can do worse than sign a rider like Canty.
For me, Canty is the biggest individual disappointment of all EF/Cannondale riders in the last 2 years.
Canty and Rolland for me.
 
Re: Re:

roundabout said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Eugenio Alafaci Trek Segafredo - > Evo Pro Racing

Another signing from the pro ranks to the new Conti outfit. There must be some relatively big money there for a third tier team.
or merely more money than he can make retired from cycling
With most Conti teams, making more money than a rider could make stacking shelves in a supermarket is very far from a given. That Evo Pro Racing have signed half a dozen guys from the pro divisions for their first season indicates that they are probably paying semi respectable salaries, which is by Conti standards “big money”.

Personally I’m curious where the funding is coming from. I’ve never heard of any company called Evo which seems likely to bankroll an Irish cycling team.
 
Re: Re:

Personally I’m curious where the funding is coming from. I’ve never heard of any company called Evo which seems likely to bankroll an Irish cycling team.[/quote]

There's a company called Evo that makes electric bikes and scooters but they're based in Derbyshire. Evo from evolution seems quite popular as an abbreviation in company names. There's a company that makes hair and face products so maybe its them wanting their riders 'to fight for their hair' too!
 
Re: Re:

sprints n stones said:
There's a company called Evo that makes electric bikes and scooters but they're based in Derbyshire. Evo from evolution seems quite popular as an abbreviation in company names. There's a company that makes hair and face products so maybe its them wanting their riders 'to fight for their hair' too!
As far as I can tell, Evo or rather EvoPro is just team's fancy name with no link to any company with such a name. There's one or two companies named Evopro but they seem unlikely to be related with the team. Most importantly, no such company is listed among partners on their website.

Team's general manager is "well known in farming circles" according to this aricle but of course has some connection to cycling too so presumably knows what he is doing.
 
Stefan Denifl has terminated his (recently signed) contract with CCC Team, for personal reasons.

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48932539_10155707451570723_590341790251352064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=c1424d9d5d960abb30d616d9ed0df15d&oe=5C9B2E1B

CCC is now with 22 riders on the roster, where the allowed minimum for a WT team is 23 (if I remember correctly). A replacement rider is to be announced soon - could be one of the ex-CCC Sprandi (ProConti) riders. Some say Jonas Koch, although he was going (not sure if ultimately confirmed) to Heizomat Rad-Net (German CT).
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY