• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sergio Higuita, 21, from Manzana to EF

If I'm not wrong, 3rd rider from Manzana going to a WT team: Molano, Bohorquez and now Higuita.

I doubt if all of them have the level to perform at WT. However, it looks like a good way to climb the ladder from the amateur ranks all the way to the maximum level.

Edit: Aguirre goes to a CT team

slosada said:
Sergio Higuita, 21, from Manzana to EF

If I'm not wrong, 3rd rider from Manzana going to a WT team: Molano, Bohorquez and now Higuita.

I doubt if all of them have the level to perform at WT. However, it looks like a good way to climb the ladder from the amateur ranks all the way to the maximum level.

Edit: Aguirre goes to a CT team
Serguio Higuita had a good performance in La Vuelta a Colombia for a 21 year old. Actually I am surprised that he wasn't picked before.

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Anderis said:
Does it mean EF is full already?
CQ states 29 riders under contract for 2019: https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/team.asp?year=2019&teamcode=EFD
And Villalobos will be joining in the summer so they need to keep the 30th spot for him.

Unless they are hiring someone else who will retire mid season (eg Tafi) or someone already on the roster is planning to do likewise.

Has Dan McLay definitely got a contract with them next year?

del1962 said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Anderis said:
CQ states 29 riders under contract for 2019: https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/team.asp?year=2019&teamcode=EFD
And Villalobos will be joining in the summer so they need to keep the 30th spot for him.

Unless they are hiring someone else who will retire mid season (eg Tafi) or someone already on the roster is planning to do likewise.

So Canty and Will Clarke miss out?

swuzzlebubble said:
del1962 said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Anderis said:

So Canty and Will Clarke miss out?

Well… he already signed with Trek, so...

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
el chava said:
Anyone knows which teams has already finalized their rosters for 2019? I could find confirmation for Bora and FDJ, but not anyone else.

ProContinental Teams:

Caja Rural (19 riders)
ABERASTURI Jon
AMEZQUETA Julen
ARANBURU Alex
BANASZEK Alan
CAÑELLAS Xavier
CHERNETSKI Sergei
CUADROS Álvaro
GONÇALVES Domingos
GONZALEZ David
IRISARRI Jon
LASTRA Jonathan
MALUCELLI Matteo
MOLINA Antonio
MORA Sebastian
MOREIRA Mauricio
PARDILLA Sergio
RODRÍGUEZ Cristián
SERRANO Gonzalo
SOTO Nelson Andrés

and Euskadi-Murias (20 riders)
ARISTI Mikel
BAGUES Aritz
BARCELÓ Fernando
BARRENETXEA Ander
BARTHE Cyril
BERRADE Urko
BIZKARRA Mikel
BRAVO Garikoitz
GONZALEZ Mario
INTXAUSTI Benat
IRIZAR Julen
ITURRIA Mikel
LÓPEZ-COZAR Juan
RODRIGUEZ Óscar
RODRIGUEZ Sergio
SÁEZ Hector
SAMITIER Sergio
SANZ Enrique
UDONDO Gotzon
VIEJO Daniel

are also complete

del1962 said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Anderis said:

I see Procyclingstats says he has a contract extension (17th Nov)

According to pro cycling stats world tour riders without a contract next season, obviously discount Siutsou

Team EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale
MORENO Daniel
CANTY Brendan
SCULLY Tom

Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team
VISCONTI Giovanni
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramūnas

Astana Pro Team
GRIVKO Andrey

Team Sky
LÓPEZ David
DEIGNAN Philip
ELISSONDE Kenny
DIBBEN Jonathan

Quick-Step Floors
CAPECCHI Eros

Team LottoNL-Jumbo
CLEMENT Stef

BORA - hansgrohe
SARAMOTINS Aleksejs
PELUCCHI Matteo

Movistar Team
ROSÓN Jaime
QUINTANA Dayer

Team Sunweb
STAMSNIJDER Tom

Team Dimension Data
THWAITES Scott
DEBESAY Mekseb
VAN ZYL Johann
DOUGALL Nic

Team Katusha - Alpecin
BELKOV Maxim

Trek - Segafredo
ALAFACI Eugenio
DANIEL Gregory

UAE-Team Emirates
AÏT EL ABDIA Anass

Lotto Soudal
SHAW James

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

del1962 said:
According to pro cycling stats world tour riders without a contract next season, obviously discount Siutsou

Team Sky
LÓPEZ David
DEIGNAN Philip
ELISSONDE Kenny
DIBBEN Jonathan
Can't imagine Team Sky letting go Elissonde already. He seemed to fit in quite well in the team this year.

Lopez could be retiring. Deignan was close to invisible this year, so wouldn't be surprised if he's leaving. Dibben, could be anything, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me if he is leaving the team.