• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks, but it's not that this database reveals anything that would make this transfer any less surprising.

Btw. what he was doing in this race?
Lining up for his Monegasque team.

Short story: Bernal runs some of the roost at Ineos now, and gets to handpick some teammates. Like this dude who seems to be a lesser Rodrigo Contreras.

Bjarne Riis did a studio appearance with danish cycling website feltet.dk today, to comment on the Vuelta and the danish selection for worlds.

At the end of the appearance, the asked him to comment on the rumors, that he will own a world tour team next year.

He refused to comment, saying "it would not be professional of me, to negotiate with teams and/or sponsors, and then tell everyone about it here".

That comment tells me he is close.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jonathan Dibben comes back to the World Tour with Lotto Soudal. Everyone's signing Brits this year, except Ineos.

Rumour from Cyclingfever - Fabio Felline to Astana. Could be a great move for him, though nearly anywhere's better than Trek
I think Trek is a great team for Felline as well, on paper, he's just been really unlucky with injuries and illness the past 2 years. However, Astana would be an excellent team for him.

Ineos’ leaders are aging out, and he’ll be in a straight contest with Bernal, Sivakov, and Tao to see who will be the face of the team going forward. Meanwhile he has the job-security of riding for the biggest team in the sport.
What are you talking about? Bernal in a contest with Dunbar? :sweatsmile: Or even with Sivakov or Tao? The guy is 21 and won the Tour, Paris-Nice, and Tour de Suisse this year.

What are you talking about? Bernal in a contest with Dunbar? :sweatsmile: Or even with Sivakov or Tao? The guy is 21 and won the Tour, Paris-Nice, and Tour de Suisse this year.

Bear in mind, I'm looking at "best case scenario" for the lad.

Dunbar (23) is a year and a half younger than Tao (24), 4 months older than Bernal, and less than a year older than Sivakov (both 22). It's way too early to define the ceiling for any of them. And even if Dunbar has signed his 3 year deal with a view to being a domestique for Bernal/Carapaz/Thomas for most of that time, he should still get leadership opportunities at classics etc (he won the u23 Ronde, after all).

My point being, as the Froome/Thomas/Poels/Kwiatkowski/Rowe generation of Ineos rider ages out, there will be more World Tour races coming about where one of the 24-and-under group will get to wear a number ending in 1. I just hope that if/when Dunbar gets that chance at a Grand Tou, he gets better support than Tao is getting at the current Vuelta.

Lol, Matxin handing out contracts to any rider he can find while browsing PCS or something. A team full of talent surround by what is relative garbage.
Roglic could be next...

Google translated:

"Now, according to rumors, Roglic is trying to break his contract with the intention that I think it would be a very good move for him and for the team as well, since the UAE needs someone other than Pogacar, who can win the stage races, "concluded the Eurosport commentator on Roglic."

Roglic could be next...

Google translated:

"Now, according to rumors, Roglic is trying to break his contract with the intention that I think it would be a very good move for him and for the team as well, since the UAE needs someone other than Pogacar, who can win the stage races, "concluded the Eurosport commentator on Roglic."

I’ve read this morning that Roglic is still likely to extend with Jumbo. And, to be honest, he would’ve been a fool to go to UAE. It is a very poor constructed team. They have good leaders when healthy, they have a ton of, perhaps too much, talent and no worthy domestiques. I think only Richeze would get into a team like Ineos, Jumbo, Bora or Quick-Step.

I’ve read this morning that Roglic is still likely to extend with Jumbo. And, to be honest, he would’ve been a fool to go to UAE. It is a very poor constructed team. They have good leaders when healthy, they have a ton of, perhaps too much, talent and no worthy domestiques. I think only Richeze would get into a team like Ineos, Jumbo, Bora or Quick-Step.

With Ellingworth joining that may change, so perhaps that's what he's thinking.

Roglic could be next...

Google translated:

A very bad timing for this rumour. Roglic just extended with TJV through 2023. :D
View: https://twitter.com/JumboVismaRoad/status/1171402819716468736

Dombrowski is actually a great signing for UAE, if they are signing him as a climbing domestique for Pogi. Formolo will also mainly target one day races and forget about riding for the gc in gts, so he can be another useful helper.
Polanc and Conti are also strong domestiques. Matxin has always been someone who signs a lot of young riders, just look what he did at Quickstep.
Walscheid to DD is a bit of a surprise.

TRENDING THREADS