• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gilbert to Lotto is a great move. I suspect the three-year deal is somehow structured to turn him into a DS, as who better to tutor young riders. I think he's got a couple of more wins in him, too.

Masnada kicked butt this spring and good to see him on a WT roster.

Jumbo Visma announced their next year's Development team:
Dutch:
Rick Pluimers
Axel van der Tuuk
Lars Boven
Owen Geleijn
Olav Kooij
Hidde van Veenendaal
Mick van Dijke,
Tim van Dijke
Gijs Leemreize

Ireland:
Archie Ryan

New Zealand:
Finn Fisher-Black

Germany
Michel Hessmann
Maurice Ballerstedt

I guess he'll get his chances in the Giro and/or the Vuelta, now that Formolo is gone. Sunweb look like they are in a weird transitional period, unless they suddenly pick up a top level sprinter or gc rider out of nowhere.

Yeah...

They have signed Benoot, great signing. Matthews new deal. Dainese , Arensman and Donovan are riders for the future. Denz and Sutterlin, solid riders with experience and been around for a few years at WT level.

Kragh Andersen and Oomen has had a horrbile season. Kelderman is Kelderman. Hopefully better next year. Especially now that Tom is gone.

Hirschi has been really good for his young age and hopefully continues to develop next year. Cees Bol, Hamilton and Hindley too.

A lot of riders with potential. They will need to perform though. They could use a few riders with experience now. Whether it be for domestiques roles or some riders that can get some wins in a season. At least thats my thoughts on it.

They have certainly had a large chunk of their rider budget liberated, with Dumoulin leaving mid-contract and them probably getting a transfer fee.

Question is how they choose to spend it - they could conceivably offer a transfer for someone already under contract.... or they could choose to stock up on classics riders.
I doubt that they'll go for a big name sprinter with Matthews on the team, but Bennett still hasn't signed with a team for 2020 and a certain Dutch sprinter could be unhappy about Dumoulin being on his team, maybe they could make a deal with him and Jumbo.
The more realistic thing is probably just going for Poels and offering a rather low base salary with nice win bonuses to Kittel, as far as I know he left on good terms.

They have certainly had a large chunk of their rider budget liberated, with Dumoulin leaving mid-contract and them probably getting a transfer fee.

Question is how they choose to spend it - they could conceivably offer a transfer for someone already under contract.... or they could choose to stock up on classics riders.

Its just who to buy ?

There are no big GC guys left
I think they might be best going the classics route ...they have Matthews, Benoot & Hirschi......need a couple more and a sprinter

Kelderman & Oomen as GC leaders at Giro & Vuelta
Tour for stages

Will t be very hard for this team to survive as sponsor wants big names

Maybe Kittel or Degenkolb ??

Would be fairytale if they got Kittel back to his best

Or what about Sam Bennett ? Nothing signed yet at QS
EBH ,Bilbao, Poels, Chaves ,Meintjes, Betencur, (imagine him at sunweb???), de la Cruz only half decent GC guys on the market .....

So best bet is strengthen the classic riders

Options drying up thick and fast for Ineos. Benoot, Campenaerts & Kamna all linked but gone to other teams.

Do you think they are trying to reduce the roster size/wage bill? A lot of riders are linked with moves away from Ineos but only Carapaz has seriously been linked with Ineos.

Options drying up thick and fast for Ineos. Benoot, Campenaerts & Kamna all linked but gone to other teams.

Do you think they are trying to reduce the roster size/wage bill? A lot of riders are linked with moves away from Ineos but only Carapaz has seriously been linked with Ineos.

I doubt the wage bill is an issue.....they've invested heavily in young riders over the last 2 years, maybe they're just happy to let the older riders move on with the confidence that the younger riders are ready to step up and replace them

I assume they will start announcing a few new signings and a couple of re-signings also. Right now there is only 12 riders on their roster for 2020, according to PCS.

TRENDING THREADS