• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Norman Vahtra and Alexis Renard will Join Israel Katusha for 2020 according to cyclingfever. Vahtra is an interesting signing but i wonder if he will have an impact on WT.

I am curious what riders will be retained from both teams. Nothing is clear except a few confirmations from ICA and Pollitt & Mads Wurtz from Katusha. I hope they keep Boivin & Sbaragli (though i guess the latter would easily find a spot in PCT Italian teams since he would be very valuable for Ciclismo Cup) and i would love a few others (Van Winden, Dunne, Avila, Jensen, Dempster to find at least a decent team in CT or PCT)

It' 23 for next season is it?

They need few more... Looks like it will be hard season for Movistar.

They still need to sign 2-3 more riders to be at minimum rider numbers.
Yes it's a transition year next year. They finally did what I expected them to do about 2-3 years ago which is to start a almost full rebuild of the team. I also have some high hopes for Soler and Mas. Plus Valverde is still there and so far he hasn't shown any real signs of age yet. He looked good in the Italian fall classics and those races showed signs that the hunger he lost while wearing the rainbow jersey was coming back.

They still need to sign 2-3 more riders to be at minimum rider numbers.
Yes it's a transition year next year. They finally did what I expected them to do about 2-3 years ago which is to start a almost full rebuild of the team. I also have some high hopes for Soler and Mas. Plus Valverde is still there and so far he hasn't shown any real signs of age yet. He looked good in the Italian fall classics and those races showed signs that the hunger he lost while wearing the rainbow jersey was coming back.

Carapaz is the departure that hurts the most. Next year's Tour route looks great for him and he probably won't even ride it yet alone be there as a leader. Just a crazy situation...

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree about Carapaz, he'll spend next season being a gregare for bernal, froome and even Thomas. can't blame him for taking the money but him and valverde could have shared the races between them next year.

Reactions: Koronin
I agree about Carapaz, he'll spend next season being a gregare for bernal, froome and even Thomas. can't blame him for taking the money but him and valverde could have shared the races between them next year.
After winning the Giro he could have earned a seven figure paycheck from a lot of teams, probably also from Movistar with both Quintana and Landa leaving. We aren't talking about Diego Rosa who got over 1M per year.
I get that he wants to provide for his family, but after a certain point it's so much money that you should also look at other factors.

After winning the Giro he could have earned a seven figure paycheck from a lot of teams, probably also from Movistar with both Quintana and Landa leaving. We aren't talking about Diego Rosa who got over 1M per year.
I get that he wants to provide for his family, but after a certain point it's so much money that you should also look at other factors.
I really bet he signed before that Giro

Reactions: Koronin

I really believe part of Movistar's reason for blacklisting that agent is because Carapaz had signed with Ineos before the Giro ever started.

Reactions: Red Rick

More reports that Dennis will head to Ineos. Looks like they've put the best package together in terms of money and equipment.
Hmm. I really can't see this going well for either party. I just have a gut feeling that each of them have different expectations from this signing.

TRENDING THREADS