• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers "Rumours & Reality" and Young Guns

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin said:
I'm a bit stumped who they could get tbh. TD won't be ready for 2011. So which available potential top 5 tdf candidates are recruitable for a small team as vacansoleil? Ricco?

Maybe someone like Ezequiel Mosquera?? Or someone like Kreuzinger?? since he is probably 3rd on the Liquigas totempole.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
According to L'Equipe, it's Menchov they're interested in.

Yeah right. If you were Menchov and you can choose between staying in your current team (with garanteed access to basically everything), a huge cash improvement to a Russian team with lots of other strong riders (and access to basically everything) or a small Dutch team without much real support and probably a money drop, what would you pick?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
Yeah right. If you were Menchov and you can choose between staying in your current team (with garanteed access to basically everything), a huge cash improvement to a Russian team with lots of other strong riders (and access to basically everything) or a small Dutch team without much real support and probably a money drop, what would you pick?

I think your wrong about the money drop...

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Lulu speaks no English.

My bad, I just assumed he could speak at least a little English. But it's probably not a deciding factor in the choice between Rabobank and Radioshack. Both teams have several riders and team managers that speak Spanish.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
According to the Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, Rabobank signed a contract with Matti Breschel. He is going to be a big asset to the Dutch squad I believe.
Rabobank is also negotiating with Luis Leon Sanchez. He got an offer by Radioshack, but it looks like he is leaning towards the dutch squad.

LLS would be a good pick up for Rabo. Rabobank are going to be a very strong all round squad for the next few years. Also having Graeme Brown on the team will help the rack up some more wins!

craig1985 said:
What is the factor that is making Lulu lean towards Rabo? I guess Rabo is more secure or stable in cycling then RadioShack (who knows if they will bail out at the end of the season), but does he plan on learning another language?

He also needs a pension to qualify for the RSH recruiting criteria!

Ryo Hazuki said:
it is kreuziger, not kreuzinger

That's a liggettism!

With a lot of teams folding and new teams rising up, it is going to be a crazy transfer season! I like transfer rumours as it is alawys good to look to the future!:)

Dutchsmurf said:
Don't shoot the messenger... although Vacansoleil has something like an 8 million euro budget for next year, so I'm not so sure about the money drop.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i don't think matti will go rabo, would be a great signing though. Deserves a go at total team leadership imo.
LLS obviously would be another great signing. Gotta assume he would only get domestique (obviously he will be allowed in a break or two) status at rabo @ the tour tho... how happy could he be with that.

i expect menchov to go also. I like the guy, but at least gesink would step up to total leadership.

auscyclefan94 said:
LLS would be a good pick up for Rabo. Rabobank are going to be a very strong all round squad for the next few years. Also having Graeme Brown on the team will help the rack up some more wins!

yeah his two wins this season (especially the mighty bay classic win) have really made this rabo season.

:p

Ryo Hazuki said:
it is kreuziger, not kreuzinger

no one cares... :rolleyes:
500px-Grammar_Nazi_Icon_Text.svg.png

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
This is Koos Moerenhout's last year in the peloton.

Sad to see him go!! I was lucky to be at the Dutch National Champs and was impressed with the number of Koos fans. He seemed to have the most by far!!

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
According to danish newspaper Ekstrabladet. the domain name teamspecialized.dk was bought the 5 of Juli.

Maybe next season Team Saxo Bank will be Team Specialized. Make of it what you want...

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
These young guns who sign with PT teams should be very careful when choosing the squad,supposing they have several offers.
Columbia is by far the best in growing talents,followed by Saxo and Rabobank.

From this list I would go with Rabobank ALL THE WAY... They are the bests when we are talking about Neo-pros...

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Mods wouldn't it make sense to start a new thread for the 2010 rumours and transfers, it will be easier to catch up without having to sift through hundreds of posts relating to last year?

Thanks

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
Sørensen said:
According to danish newspaper Ekstrabladet. the domain name teamspecialized.dk was bought the 5 of Juli.

Maybe next season Team Saxo Bank will be Team Specialized. Make of it what you want...

I think this rumour is becoming more and more plausible...

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
Mods wouldn't it make sense to start a new thread for the 2010 rumours and transfers, it will be easier to catch up without having to sift through hundreds of posts relating to last year?

Thanks

+1 I agree. And stick the new one

Status
Not open for further replies.