• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers thread too big.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I was about to read a thread someone started on Wiggo's rumored move to Sky, when I noticed it had been moved. The moderators rolled it into the "Truth and Rumor's Transfer" thread. That single thread now has over 900 posts.

Here's my point. Wouldn't it be easier, and more relevant, to allow people to sort through pages of threads, rather than 1 monolithic thread with, soon to be, over 1000 posts? This would allow people who want to discuss a single topic not to have to go through everybody's thoughts on transfers that the reader may not be interested in.

I have no problem with getting rid of multiple threads about the exact same topic, such as was done with threads about the US team for the Worlds, but I think we should be able to discuss topics that may be linked by only a very general nature in separate threads.

That's my $0.02.

A

Anonymous

The_Z_man said:
I was about to read a thread someone started on Wiggo's rumored move to Sky, when I noticed it had been moved. The moderators rolled it into the "Truth and Rumor's Transfer" thread. That single thread now has over 900 posts.

Here's my point. Wouldn't it be easier, and more relevant, to allow people to sort through pages of threads, rather than 1 monolithic thread with, soon to be, over 1000 posts? This would allow people who want to discuss a single topic not to have to go through everybody's thoughts on transfers that the reader may not be interested in.

I have no problem with getting rid of multiple threads about the exact same topic, such as was done with threads about the US team for the Worlds, but I think we should be able to discuss topics that may be linked by only a very general nature in separate threads.

That's my $0.02.

on that one i agree in one way, but, and its a big BUT.. people will still discuss it in the transfer thread so it will be in three places (cos its also in the clinic) at once.. :/

Maybe we could get a 'transfers' sub-section of the froum? Even if it is only temporary until the start of next season. As i highly doubt it would get much use until about this time in most seasons. Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback

I have a feeling it's a time of year thing...

We can have different threads talking about transfers and stuff - but it got pretty messy early on - hence why the sticky was created. We can try something different if folks want? It's not that big a deal to consolidate threads if it gets out of hand.

What do you want to do? Happy to hear thoughts.

Terry

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Here is an idea.

How about if the rider is a legit GT or Monument contender we can start a new thread? Contador, Evens, and maybe 2-3 other should have their own thread due to all the speculation.

We are almost done with the transfer season. I think we should allow at least one thread for when Contador signs with Garmin in three weeks. :)