• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers to katusha

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well Denkoff I think that Menchov is going to sign with them for sure... Cancellara? Nah they all ready have Pozzato, You can't have Pozzato and Cancellara in the same team cuz they have the same goals... Kiriyenka? Maybe... Kreuziger? NOOOOOO... I want Kreuziger for Astana!!!!! :D

*** edited by mod ***

Susan Westemeyer said:
Calling someone a "nazi" is repugnant and unacceptable.

Crititcizing another poster's (lack of) english skills is also unacceptable.

Susan

OK that accounts for two, but why were 8 out of every 10 posts erased through out the entire thread. This censorship crap has gotten a little out of hand. Why not just nuke the whole thread if nobody is going to be allowed to say anything?

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
alright, thanks for shutting this one down. this one got out of hand and i'm really sorry for my part in that. i hope we (the other posters and myself) can put this one behind us and have some good conversations in the future. now for the tourmalet!

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Denkoff said:
Who need to our team? Cancellara kreuziger martin trofimov shpilevskiy menchov kiryenka gilbert? Budget 2011 50.000.000$

you got no one for the classics here.

imagine the in fighting with this team.

how about

Mcewen, O'grady, Hushovd, Cav, petacci, ciolek and farrar as a GT team

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hillavoider said:
you got no one for the classics here.

imagine the in fighting with this team.

how about

Mcewen, O'grady, Hushovd, Cav, petacci, ciolek and farrar as a GT team

i mean... cancellara did just win paris-roubaix and flanders this year. that ain't bad for classics ridin'.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
whoa, CN sure is heavy handed these days...

i hate undue censorship as well, but even as one of the censored parties, i'd probably say this one's probably best taken down. it was out of hand and it wasn't gonna stop. i'm totally ready to move on from this one.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
in the long run, it's gesink. i am just speculating, but you would think Menchov would feel a tug to katusha due to his heritage and wanting cycling to become bigger in his country.

Francois the Postman said:
Right now I'd say that most would be happiest with both. Gesink is young and (still) lacks key skills for a serious GC attack.

Gesink and the other young riders will take a few years to mature, Menchov would be a welcome and valued asset for a few years yet I'd say.

auscyclefan94 said:
Probaly wants to go to katusha. possibly feels on the out with a dutch rider challenging his leadership? Just a guess why he might leave. Sponsors and the dutch who run the team would rather a dutch rider leading than a russian rider.

Francois the Postman said:
Of course it is Gesink in the long run (if he stays), he's Menchov's junior by quite a few years and Menchov is now in the latter part of his career.

You were initially speculating that the Dutch would want to see Gesink with (sole?) leadership at the cost of Menchov, I don't think that is the case. I think most realize that the two together would be sweet for the next 2 Tours or so, after which Menchov's age (form) would probably settle the leadership argument that never was.

This speculation I have a bit more time for, as it ultimately depends on what is in Menchov's head and how altruistic and nationalistic he feels. But he doesn't exactly give us a running commentary on what goes on in his head, so it's really speculation, "No?".

In this interview, he isn't talking about the state of cycling in Russia, only states that Katusha's management is solid. That sounds to me like he looks at what it can offer him first, not what he can offer Russian cycling. I suspect the patriotic pull isn't overly strong in Denis.

And Rabo is a known quantity to him, and a home he has been very happy with. If he does get a choice, it will come down to money, prospects and ambitions I think. With no clear answer as yet.

Oh, I guess I could be right!:rolleyes:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/contador-key-to-transfer-market

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
santacruz said:
yah wtf doesn't Menchov ride for Katusha?? you'd think they'd work well together since both russian!
It's a reaaaaly weird one.

In his recent interview Denis said he'd be glad to sign for Katyusha. And he's frustrated why noone from the team hasn't ever even approached him.

In yesterday's interview team's DS Andrey Chmil said something like: "we'd like to sign him, but he has to call us first".

And statements from russian officials like: "we [as a nation] have no rider for GC at the moment".

Something is definitely rotten there.
________
Lamborghini 350Gtv History

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
It's a reaaaaly weird one.

In his recent interview Denis said he'd be glad to sign for Katyusha. And he's frustrated why noone from the team hasn't ever even approached him.

In yesterday's interview team's DS Andrey Chmil said something like: "we'd like to sign him, but he has to call us first".

And statements from russian officials like: "we [as a nation] have no rider for GC at the moment".

Something is definitely rotten there.

Redefining the language barrier issue in cycling! Maybe we can get one of our reporters to give Denis Katusha’s number and vice versa.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

TRENDING THREADS