• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transparency from UCI: What would it take?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
One of the biggest issues I see in cycling today is the lack of transparency about what happens with regard to testing, positives, biological passport, etc. Popo's apartment got raided after the LA testimony he gave, but no ones knows if anything was found or not. Transparency is solely, solely needed, but how can that be achieved?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You can't do anything until you remove Pat, Hein, and their co-conspirators

It was mentioned a few days ago I think that at least with regard to points, UCI was actually responding back to people, could that be a sign of slight change?

What Race Radio said plus I think if WADA did all of the positive processing with the UCI as "rider advocate" should WADA open a case, I think the boundaries are much clearer.

Now add back-dated testing with present-day penalties and I think we'll see much less doping.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So...hypothetical scenario #1: The UCI makes the LA investigation a non-event.
Predictions on what pro cycling is like in the near future? As far as sponsors, drugs testing, who stays and goes, etc.

And...hypothetical scenario #2: The LA investigation gets very ugly and a lot of folks go down. Predictions??

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
AntiGravityCycling said:
So...hypothetical scenario #1: The UCI makes the LA investigation a non-event.
Predictions on what pro cycling is like in the near future? As far as sponsors, drugs testing, who stays and goes, etc.

And...hypothetical scenario #2: The LA investigation gets very ugly and a lot of folks go down. Predictions??

Prediction #1, although I want to see #2...

TRENDING THREADS