• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of a way to combat the problem of trolling and baiting in the forum. A small group of users with impeccable anti trolling credentials should be selected to help the hard worked moderators uphold the integrity of the forum. They would be called 'Troll Watch'. This title would be put under their user names.

Suggested members:

BroDeal

TheHog

ChewbaccaD

Blackcat

Benotti

There are many more users who could join the Troll Watch team. Dr Maserati, for instance, would be great at asking the troll lots of pointless questions to ascertain if they really are a troll. But the aforementioned will make a great start. These guys are passionate about making the forum a troll free zone, and BroDeal in particular has a genuine love for Cycling news' journalism and the forum moderators. He should be rewarded for his years of good service.

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Furthermore, if the Troll Watch team find a really, really bad troll, this troll should not be put on the banning list. I know this often happens already - it was funny a few months back when the list claimed no one had been banned for a month, yet at least half a dozen users had gone missing - but it would be great if this was stepped up further. The integrity and transparency of the forum would increase dramatically if you only put one banned user in twenty on the list. That would really improve the reputation of the forum.

I hope these suggestions will aid the CN staff in making the forum a better place

TheTruthIsOutThere said:
I was thinking of a way to combat the problem of trolling and baiting in the forum. A small group of users with impeccable anti trolling credentials should be selected to help the hard worked moderators uphold the integrity of the forum. They would be called 'Troll Watch'. This title would be put under their user names.

Suggested members:

BroDeal

TheHog

ChewbaccaD

Blackcat

Benotti

There are many more users who could join the Troll Watch team. Dr Maserati, for instance, would be great at asking the troll lots of pointless questions to ascertain if they really are a troll. But the aforementioned will make a great start. These guys are passionate about making the forum a troll free zone, and BroDeal in particular has a genuine love for Cycling news' journalism and the forum moderators. He should be rewarded for his years of good service.

Very ironic :D