• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trolls!! The lighter side

All this talk of trolls!!

Does anyone actually know there is a beer in Belgium called Trolls!!! I came across it when I worked in Wallonia, its full name is Cuvee des Trolls but is widely known as just Trolls.

Its a blond beer produced by Dubuisson, the same guys who make the super strong (10%+) Bush beers, but trolls is only 7% and very popular with students. It is served in a beautiful conicle frosted glass with stem and a cartoon of a troll on the glass, of course a very popular glass for students to decorate their homes with, indeed I brought one home myself.

Here is a link.
http://www.cuveedestrolls.com

Apparently it is the favourite beer of a 7 time winner of the TdF!!!

We need a lighter moment sometimes.

A

Anonymous

had it in brussels, but to be fair i had already worked my way through six flavours of leffe, and about four kreiks so it all became a bit vague after that

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Hmm, never had that one before, but I've never seen it being served in a bar either. I'll look for it next time I'm in 't Paters Vaatje, they might have it :D

dimspace said:
had it in brussels, but to be fair i had already worked my way through six flavours of leffe, and about four kreiks so it all became a bit vague after that

Kudos on drinking such a varied mix of alcohol, your taste buds must have been all over the place, 4 Kriek after Leffe, kinda like sweet & sour, crazy!!!

Hope yod didnt try to go cycling after that lot!

TRENDING THREADS