• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Turkey's wada lab busted

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably because it doesn't give the usual headbangers a chance to hurl mud at anyone...:rolleyes:

Nicely spotted though. No wonder riders are concerned about false positives and lab errors.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
not surprising that labs outside western society or first world if you prefer, are caught doing what they shouldn't be doing, but i imagine that other accredited labs in Italy, France, Swissbankland etc have their corrupt technicians too.

Sport is becoming ever more corrupt as more money enters the sporting world and the labs are as much prone to it as the participants.:(

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
not surprising that labs outside western society or first world if you prefer, are caught doing what they shouldn't be doing
Why? Did you mean to be patronising or were you being sarcastic?

Benotti69 said:
not surprising that labs outside western society or first world if you prefer, are caught doing what they shouldn't be doing, but i imagine that other accredited labs in Italy, France, Swissbankland etc have their corrupt technicians too.

Sport is becoming ever more corrupt as more money enters the sporting world and the labs are as much prone to it as the participants.:(

The funny thing is that if you read the story on the WADA site there is actually very little there to imply corruption or testing failures. It could be anything, but needless to say the pro-dopers will all jump on it as a reason to argue that their favourite riders are clean.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess some people will be looking for another lab to bribe for info on testing protocols or to 'lose' samples.

Big news in my opinion, but they didn't say why or for what incident they revoked the accreditation so it's not so juicy and therefore hardly noticed.

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
correct me if I'm wrong

It is not actually a WADA lab, but a lab which WADA contracts with to perform testing. WADA has suspended its contract ("busted") with this lab. This would seem to indicate that WADA, which is a regulatory agency and not a scientific one, is indeed policing the people who do the testing as well as the dopers who are being tested.

Good Job WADA!!

i didn't do it! lol

python said:
surprised this significant news went under the radar.

WADA revokes accreditation of Ankara laboratory
http://www.wada-ama.org/en/News-Center/Articles/WADA-revokes-accreditation-of-Ankara-laboratory-/

to add from my own quick memory, it’s the same lab that popped joe papp. joe denied at the very cn forums he was aware of using the substance (testosterone) he was busted for.

there were other similar cases, iirc, involving the lab.

As I've said since the initial positive was announced, I NEVER knowingly or intentionally ingested 6α-OH-androstenedione or 6β-OH-androsterone and, while it's possible that my team gave me the substance w/o warning me, I've always thought the more likely scenario was sloppy lab work. But that doesn't change the fact that I WAS doping at the time, albeit not with what they accused me of using. C'est la vie, no?

So, in summary, I didn't consume andro to the best of my knowledge, but that's what the Turks claimed, while they failed to find the EPO, HGH, corticosteroids, other peptide hormones, etc...but I'm glad they falsely accused me (if it was true that I didn't have andro metabolites in my system) b/c at least it started the process of escaping doping (although it was hardly a straightforward route).

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
joe_papp said:
As I've said since the initial positive was announced, I NEVER knowingly or intentionally ingested 6α-OH-androstenedione or 6β-OH-androsterone and, while it's possible that my team gave me the substance w/o warning me, I've always thought the more likely scenario was sloppy lab work. But that doesn't change the fact that I WAS doping at the time, albeit not with what they accused me of using. C'est la vie, no?

So, in summary, I didn't consume andro to the best of my knowledge, but that's what the Turks claimed, while they failed to find the EPO, HGH, corticosteroids, other peptide hormones, etc...but I'm glad they falsely accused me (if it was true that I didn't have andro metabolites in my system) b/c at least it started the process of escaping doping (although it was hardly a straightforward route).

Maybe you got 'rubbed' the wrong way? A la Flandis?

Note to self - try to make sure the tinfoil hat doesn't get welded to your head...

TRENDING THREADS