• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Turtur launches defamation lawsuit against SBS

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I doubt this will see court. I imagine there will be an out of court settlement or the case will be dropped if SBS' legal team doesn't blink and stands by their comments.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thrawn said:
I doubt this will see court. I imagine there will be an out of court settlement or the case will be dropped if SBS' legal team doesn't blink and stands by their comments.

I am not sure about the lawsuit but it will open Turter and Tan up for a lot of mud slinging

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tan also made some doping innuendo comments during last nights coverage of Lombardia regarding John Lelangue which Mike Tomalaris (sp) was quick to move on very very quickly from. I found it funny and didn't give it much thought until reading this, makes me think SBS will be hesitant about asking Tan back for live coverage if this lawsuit goes ahead.

The funniest thing is Tan is an arse kissing lickspittle of the worst dopers in the history of the sport, and turned into a lilly livered quivering blanc menge over USADA vs Armstrong.

It could be demonstrated by a wily defence lawyer that if Tan thinks your'e a doper and says as much, then you must REALLY be a doper ;)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Cowgirlup said:
, makes me think SBS will be hesitant about asking Tan back for live coverage if this lawsuit goes ahead.

w9zw.jpg

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Turtur unapologetically orchestrated paying Armstrong millions to roll around and win no stages of TDU on multiple occasions. Revolting.

Tan puts the boot into Aussie cyclists / teams (eg: Drapac) and is about as negative as a negative Nancy can get. He has the ideal face for radio and the perfect voice for mime. If I never see him commentating or "interviewing" again it will be too soon.

If someone can work out how to remove both of these people from cycling in Australia that would be the idea scenario. Don't make me tell you how I really feel.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
The funniest thing is Tan is an arse kissing lickspittle of the worst dopers in the history of the sport, and turned into a lilly livered quivering blanc menge over USADA vs Armstrong.

It could be demonstrated by a wily defence lawyer that if Tan thinks your'e a doper and says as much, then you must REALLY be a doper ;)

Agreed, it will be funny to watch then fling poo at each other.

Dear Wiggo said:
Turtur unapologetically orchestrated paying Armstrong millions to roll around and win no stages of TDU on multiple occasions. Revolting.

Tan puts the boot into Aussie cyclists / teams (eg: Drapac) and is about as negative as a negative Nancy can get. He has the ideal face for radio and the perfect voice for mime. If I never see him commentating or "interviewing" again it will be too soon.

If someone can work out how to remove both of these people from cycling in Australia that would be the idea scenario. Don't make me tell you how I really feel.

That was some deal by Armstrong! Funded by tax payers to boot!

Rocking up in the private jet, milking the crowd.

Good times!