Tyler on Jay Leno 2.01.13-Lance as Sleazebag

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
221
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Armstrong did that himself on DOprah.
Its continued escalation has perhaps taken a form even bigger in significance than the confession.
 
Athame said:
Its continued escalation has perhaps taken a form even bigger in significance than the confession.
He exposed his own character.

He is guilty of character suicide.

While there were many bad moments, the one that appeared to turn Oprah was when Lance made the joke about Betsy. Sure he tormented her for years, and called her a bunch of nasty things. But, hey, he didn't call her fat. <laughs>

That is a very long way from recognition of what he did wrong, let alone a path towards remorse.

Dave.
 
Mar 18, 2009
221
0
0
86TDFWinner said:
Can't wait for Wonderboy's rebuttal........:rolleyes:


I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to work together the wonder-boy story with being the principal victim of the system.

___________ it seems to me that it's all still very much up in the air.
___________ kinda like the middle game in chess.
 
Mar 18, 2009
221
0
0
D-Queued said:
He exposed his own character.

He is guilty of character suicide.

___________ True but don't forget: we're talking about The Masses and not
___________ The Clinic, et al.,.

I am aware that there are some who believe he did irrecoverable damage to his reputation when he knelt on Opra's Pri-Dieu and made his face-to-face act of contition. On the other hand there are those who believe it's ultimately the press which will be responsible for his complete vilification. I, however, believe that Armstrong, and do please forgive this small indulgence, still "holds the keys" to his own redemption.

It's not over...........
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Athame said:
___________ True but don't forget: we're talking about The Masses and not
___________ The Clinic, et al.,.

I am aware that there are some who believe he did irrecoverable damage to his reputation when he knelt on Opra's Pri-Dieu and made his face-to-face act of contition. On the other hand there are those who believe it's ultimately the press which will be responsible for his complete vilification. I, however, believe that Armstrong, and do please forgive this small indulgence, still "holds the keys" to his own redemption.

It's not over...........
He may believe he has some relevance and his campaign to stay relevant:
1. Confess to Oprah...check
2. Frame the discussion of the past (all cheaters, level playing field)...check
3. Define and blame the Really Bad People (UCI)...check
4. Run in front of the parade to ressurect Truth and Sportsmanship...........not happening

You have Jay Leno, David Letterman, Piers Morgan, John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and now even ESPN guys vocally calling bullsh*t on his attempts to maintain involvement. The Masses are getting emersed in this reality and Lance's audience is gone. It's over except the lawsuits and more displays of feeble character.
 
Mar 18, 2009
221
0
0
Oldman said:
4. Run in front of the parade to ressurect Truth and Sportsmanship...........not happening

___________ when I heard him say if there was amnesty he'd be first guy in line I thought to myself, we might just never get rid of this guy :eek:

Don't count your lucky stars just yet Oldman: The Great Unwashed Masses love a good comeback 4.O story :cool:
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Athame said:
___________ when I heard him say if there was amnesty he'd be first guy in line I thought to myself, we might just never get rid of this guy :eek:

Don't count your lucky stars just yet Oldman: The Great Unwashed Masses love a good comeback 4.O story :cool:
I don't consider any of this a "lucky" circumstance. Perhaps you're hoping for some shot at redemption for Oedipus Tex but I don't think even Linda wants to talk to him now. That doesn't discount his hardened roach-like personality demanding attention but people increasingly don't care and Lance as a topic is mostly the fodder of comedians, now.
As for the Great Unwashed Masses I presume you're speaking of the people that got sucked into his personality cult? Lance craves that attention and it comes via the media. The Media has spoken and anyone with sense has heard the message.
 
Mar 18, 2009
221
0
0
Oldman said:
Perhaps you're hoping for some shot at redemption for Oedipus Tex but I don't think even Linda wants to talk to him now.

I suppose since you're kind of asking me something like a question I'll go ahead and be courteous by proffering you something like a proper reply: Not me baby! :D


_____________ btw. I was using the metaphor of the confessional
_____________ and you've countered with one from Sophocles. hummm. . . .
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts