• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tyres for Campag Eurus Wheels

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recomend a good set of tyres for Campag Eurus wheels. I currently use Continental Attack/Force clinchers but they are a pig to get on and off. Any suggestions please.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Geordieinwales said:
Can anyone recomend a good set of tyres for Campag Eurus wheels. I currently use Continental Attack/Force clinchers but they are a pig to get on and off. Any suggestions please.

Are those the two way fit wheels? They can be a challenge. I have found unseating the bead completely first helps.

I use Michelin Pro Races on mine. They are okay but still tight. I think Campy rims are usually on the large side compared to rims from other manufacturers.

Whatever you do, do not--I repeat, do not--use Vredstein Fortezzas. Those bastages are a b!tch to get on without puncturing the tube.