• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

U/23 WC Selection Restrictions?

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Are there restrictions on selecting riders for the U/23 World Road Championships beyond the obvious of being under the age of 23? I ask this having read the CN story on the Australian team and noting that Jack Bobridge isn't listed, despite being under 23 and the reigning U/23 TT champ (and one of Australia's best road riders). Is there a restriction if you are riding with a ProTour team and not as a stagaire or something?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
PCutter said:
Are there restrictions on selecting riders for the U/23 World Road Championships beyond the obvious of being under the age of 23? I ask this having read the CN story on the Australian team and noting that Jack Bobridge isn't listed, despite being under 23 and the reigning U/23 TT champ (and one of Australia's best road riders). Is there a restriction if you are riding with a ProTour team and not as a stagaire or something?

No ProTour riders.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
No ProTour riders.

How sure are you of that? There's nothing (as far as I can see) in the UCI pdf rulebook, and last year FDJ's Arnaud Courteille participated, as did Fuji's Pedro Merino Criado and Garmin's Alex Howes (says CQ).
(they could've changed the rules, of course)

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
... though the U23 rankings only have non PT guys on them, of course.
Sigh. Can the UCI do anything without being confusing?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
How sure are you of that? There's nothing (as far as I can see) in the UCI pdf rulebook, and last year FDJ's Arnaud Courteille participated, as did Fuji's Pedro Merino Criado and Garmin's Alex Howes (says CQ).

All stagiaires :)

May 25, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:

Stagiaires are allowed.

edit:I'm too slow

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
no pt contracted riders and I think countrys in the top 10 of the ncup get to start with 6 riders. others with 5,3,2 or 1 don't know how this is decided though

May 15, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:

They has. in this one:World Championships

9.2.013 Under 23 riders who belong to a UCI ProTeam cannot ride the individual road race for Under 23 riders. An under 23 rider who is attached to a UCI ProTeam for the period from 1 August to 31 December under the provisions of article 2.15.110 may ride the Under 23 individual road race.

TRENDING THREADS