• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Isaac del Toro now a confirmed signing. Interesting to see how he develops but I expect him to become a GC rider after his l'Avenir win.

UAE is really sweeping the Romance languages speaking talent in the last years. Almeida, Ayuso, Morgado, Del Toro all within their ranks and Marcos Freire (Oscar's son) was already on one of their training camps.
CN confirming the news here:

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

It's in the news section and Isaac canceled an appearance here in Baja today and it will probably take place next week, autograph and t-shirt, pictures and poster signing and a public ride afterwards.. Local people and cycling community celebrating his seasons accomplishments... event was scheduled before UAE news!!so it will probably be that much better!! Congratulations to the entire Del Toro family!!

UAE‘s list of riders for 2024 looks extremely impressive, once more. Maybe the most impressive team in 2024, when it comes to riders.

Only surprise IMHO is that German Groß got a new contract for 2024, apparently. This is a really likeable guy, for whom I‘m quite happy; but to be honest, regarding his two neo pro years at UAE, I would have guessed he would have to step down to Pro Continental level (second division).

He apparently had trouble with illnesses, and other bad luck…

Here‘s an overview over the race results:

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
UAE‘s list of riders for 2024 looks extremely impressive, once more. Maybe the most impressive team in 2024, when it comes to riders.

Only surprise IMHO is that German Groß got a new contract for 2024, apparently. This is a really likeable guy, for whom I‘m quite happy; but to be honest, regarding his two neo pro years at UAE, I would have guessed he would have to step down to Pro Continental level (second division).

Groß signed a 3 year contract when he joined the team.

He'll probably ride next year for their ''Gen Z'' team

Who will be the other riders? I suppose 12-16 riders, but not many names have been dropped (Marivoet Scholiers is one option).
Oscar Chamberlain and Duarte Marivoet been named, but nothing confirmed. Haven't heard any other names..

Albert Withen Philipsen should also have a offer from them.. But probably have from all WT development teams

You think they'll convince him that he totally needs a year on the Devo-Team, because, reasons! So they'll have room to sign some other big-name rider?
Don't think they need to convince him. He have DNF all races for 2 years.. Maybe better step down to 2.2 / 1.2 races.

Matxin going to be Gen Z's Sports Director. I can see UAE GEN Z being a great place for many young spanish riders. Bad news for Movistar.

Fair play.

Almeida is bored doing the Giro - G's odds of winning the Giro just went down ...
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...ing-to-the-giro-ditalia-is-getting-repetitive
João Almeida wants new challenges for 2024, with the Portuguese cyclist admitting that, in addition to the Tour de France, he would like to do "other types of races", such as the Critérium du Dauphiné or the Ardennes Classics. The arider from A-Dos-Francos spoke openly about his future.

"The calendar hasn't been discussed yet, but I'd like to do the Tour de France, because I've raced the Giro many times and it's getting a bit repetitive. I'd also like to do the Dauphiné or the Tour de Suisse and other races. Maybe the Ardennes Classics [...]. I think it's also important as a racer," he said in an interview published in the newsletter of the Portuguese Cycling Federation.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan

Latest posts