• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So next year are going to have a new GT winner. I am no UAE fan but the prospect of a GT without Pog, Rog and Bernal should be really fun.

But I fear Almeida will get teamed up with Soler?! :O I still have no idea how Soler as a domestique is ever going to be a good idea :tearsofjoy:

Remco vs Joao at the Giro. Pogi will be there as a super-domestique (officially preparing for the Tour) and if the weather is cold he may win this race accidentally on some snowy pass (completing the first part of the double without pressure).

Last edited:
let's have a look back. This year they have 32 victories, 14 of which are at UWT level. Last year they had 33 wins then 11 at UWT level. This year won 2 monuments and a Grand Tour, so it's a better year. They also won a stage in every Grand Tour, just like last year. Each acquisition won a match. Gibbons, Hirschi, Trentin and Majka
they are weakened in the classics but improve in the climbers core and in the sprints for next year

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yes they have a lot of fun. Almeida, Soler and the young guys. I expect next year Uae around 40 wins. And better team performances.
Lol "Almeida, Soler and the young guys" :tearsofjoy:
Because Almeida is really, really old :tearsofjoy:

Maybe he really will have those guys in the giro then. I wonder who was in the car with Pogacar :D I've also seen Almeida hang out with Hodeg, which also makes sense of course :)

Yes, and? He's not that much younger than Almeida, and older than both Pogacar and Bjerg.

Who's the guy in Soler's car, who looks like he's about to bail-out at one point?
Since the clip when I found it on Almeida fans says Rui Costa and Rui Oliveira that's my guessing. Whomever might be afraid Soler will Ruin him (ok, that was a really bad joke :tearsofjoy:)

I am a bit faceblind but Costa is older while Rui Oliveira has a real babyface if I remember correctly :D

Since the clip when I found it on Almeida fans says Rui Costa and Rui Oliveira that's my guessing. Whomever might be afraid Soler will Ruin him (ok, that was a really bad joke :tearsofjoy:)

I am a bit faceblind but Costa is older while Rui Oliveira has a real babyface if I remember correctly :D

Costa - being a former World Champion - would have rainbow bands on his sleeves. Though, I suppose he's not a former World Champion in this particular discipline.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Costa - being a former World Champ
6q8wIo6b_400x400.jpg
ion - would have rainbow bands on his sleeves. Though, I suppose he's not a former World Champion in this particular discipline.

Uh something went wrong with my quotation fingers lol. But I gotta admit this looks like no baby face. This be Rui Oliveira :D Looks like the guy afraid of Soler?

At UAE, there is this American rider, McNulty... In the past years, I more and more noticed people talking about him. He was meant to be great, a huge talent, and so on...

So I started following him a bit. He seems to be a nice guy, that‘s for sure. I, however, wouldn‘t consider him a future star... Maybe he already found his place as a valueable helper for Pogacar, now.

I just think this week in the Basque Country in April was a huge disappointment. McNulty seemed to be in top shape, and gets humiliated by Roglic on stage six. Pogacar, with all his class, limits his losses, whereas McNulty loses eight (!) minutes. I think this was a rare chance for McNulty to show what he‘s capable of, and he didn‘t deliver.

Since he seems a nice guy, I certainly wish him the best results. Pogacar in fact seems to be happy to have him by his side... :)

At UAE, there is this American rider, McNulty... In the past years, I more and more noticed people talking about him. He was meant to be great, a huge talent, and so on...

So I started following him a bit. He seems to be a nice guy, that‘s for sure. I, however, wouldn‘t consider him a future star... Maybe he already found his place as a valueable helper for Pogacar, now.

I just think this week in the Basque Country in April was a huge disappointment. McNulty seemed to be in top shape, and gets humiliated by Roglic on stage six. Pogacar, with all his class, limits his losses, whereas McNulty loses eight (!) minutes. I think this was a rare chance for McNulty to show what he‘s capable of, and he didn‘t deliver.

Since he seems a nice guy, I certainly wish him the best results. Pogacar in fact seems to be happy to have him by his side... :)

I think it's harsh to write someone off if they fail to beat Roglic in a one-week stage race.

TRENDING THREADS