• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looks like a very strong team for La Vuelta, Pogačar, Almeida, McNulty, Majka, Soler already confirmed and maybe Hirschi or Ayuso can take the start too. It looks like Pogačar is serious about doing the Vuelta but if he doesn't Almeida will have a golden opportunity of winning it given that the route suits him better than the Giro.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Looks like a very strong team for La Vuelta, Pogačar, Almeida, McNulty, Majka, Soler already confirmed and maybe Hirschi or Ayuso can take the start too. It looks like Pogačar is serious about doing the Vuelta but if he doesn't Almeida will have a golden opportunity of winning it given that the route suits him better than the Giro.

Yes exact. And Ackermann will start to. I expect he will get 2 riders for him sprint. Maybe Gibbons, Ivo oliveira. If Pogacar and Almeida are tired. They have great team for stage hunting!

So i decided to follow McNulty and Pogacar's lead and did my first ride of the year without any sort of bikecomputer, heartrate monitor, Strava or whatever. I can recommend it to any/everyone! Having no idea how fast you're actually going, how deep you're digging or whether you're heart is ready to explode or not (my guess is it was not), it basically means having a stress-free ride. No feeling of shame about a lack of form, about getting old and/or fat. You simply don't know. For all you know you're putting Ganna to shame, right?

So i decided to follow McNulty and Pogacar's lead and did my first ride of the year without any sort of bikecomputer, heartrate monitor, Strava or whatever. I can recommend it to any/everyone! Having no idea how fast you're actually going, how deep you're digging or whether you're heart is ready to explode or not (my guess is it was not), it basically means having a stress-free ride. No feeling of shame about a lack of form, about getting old and/or fat. You simply don't know. For all you know you're putting Ganna to shame, right?
That's how he won the Tour. He was free of stress!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEdc0VdRlE&t=50s&ab_channel=Shelly%26Penny

They win everything at the moment. If they go on like this all year, they will win more races than QuickStep (who normally achieve the biggest number of victories per season).

Today, they even managed 1-2-3… Very impressive.

Now imagine Gianetti calling Ackermann: „Everyone on the team is already winning races. When do YOU want to start winning races? I DO NOT pay you for starting winning races in September, at 1.1 competitions with bad startlists. Now, would you even still be ABLE to win a 1.2 race, at all? Don‘t endanger my team, I tell you - DO NOT ENDANGER MY TEAM!“…

smile grin

:)

They win everything at the moment. If they go on like this all year, they will win more races than QuickStep (who normally achieve the biggest number of victories per season).

Today, they even managed 1-2-3… Very impressive.

Now imagine Gianetti calling Ackermann: „Everyone on the team is already winning races. When do YOU want to start winning races? I DO NOT pay you for starting winning races in September, at 1.1 competitions with bad startlists. Now, would you even still be ABLE to win a 1.2 race, at all? Don‘t endanger my team, I tell you - DO NOT ENDANGER MY TEAM!“…

smile grin

:)
tumblr_ljs9de0har1qcl1wuvs.gif

TRENDING THREADS