• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vélonews reveals the 8 teams involved in the Netflix series project on the #TDF2022 : Jumbo-Visma, Ineos Grenadiers, EF Education EasyJet, Groupama-FDJ, AG2R Citroën, Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl, Movistar, Alpecin-Fenix.

UAE Emirates declined.

Shame for the fans, they won't share their success recipe with us.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Vélonews reveals the 8 teams involved in the Netflix series project on the #TDF2022 : Jumbo-Visma, Ineos Grenadiers, EF Education EasyJet, Groupama-FDJ, AG2R Citroën, Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl, Movistar, Alpecin-Fenix.

UAE Emirates declined.

Shame for the fans, they won't share their success recipe with us.
We already know their success recipe though. Throw away your bikecomputer. Next they will fire their medical staff. Watch.

Why?
It took F1 from a sport only viewed by boomers to a planetary success.
Creating a Netflix documentary on the Tour de France is a win for sure from a commercial perspective, but I would like to point out that Drive to Survive is a really bad series to watch (imho) from a F1 fan point of view, because it sells as facts things that never happened throughout the season or thanks to a precise work of cuts and paste, links different things that happened in different races with a context purposely made to create more drama.

So I hope that Netflix won't follow the same pattern seen in Drive to Survive in this documentary about the Tour.

I did a search for "Netflix Drive to Survive Controversy" and this is the first result i got:

After reading it i must say it was what i expected. Being portrayed by Netflix is a rather bad thing and in general normal people wouldn't agree to it. But as money is involved i am sure that some day we could have a series about the Tour and all big teams to be on board with it. After some time complaining to save their face.

I wonder what Pascal Ackermann is thinking now about his move and if he has sacked his agent yet.

His own form is not helping and is making it even easier for the team to swing fully to Pogacar and other GC guys even in races like MSR where normally you would still take Ackermann as an option even if left to fend for himself.

I wonder what Pascal Ackermann is thinking now about his move and if he has sacked his agent yet.

His own form is not helping and is making it even easier for the team to swing fully to Pogacar and other GC guys even in races like MSR where normally you would still take Ackermann as an option even if left to fend for himself.
Why sign with a team that has Pogi, signed Almeida, re-signed Gaviria and signed Hodeg?
Surely he could have gotten a nice contract and more chances to ride at another team, let's say Cofidis for example.

Just a question; could someone point to a race where UAE had good team tactics? With Pog they don't need it. But I've seen a lot of weird tactics from them both with and without Pog both last year and this year. Yet they win a lot and not just with Pog . Why? I just wonder if they are all about stars and simply ignore teamwork?

Just a question; could someone point to a race where UAE had good team tactics? With Pog they don't need it. But I've seen a lot of weird tactics from them both with and without Pog both last year and this year. Yet they win a lot and not just with Pog . Why? I just wonder if they are all about stars and simply ignore teamwork?
Sanremo was good regardless of how strong Pog was.
Murcia was very good too.

I don't think today was that bad actually. They lacked legs more than tactics. Almeida struggled early so they didn't want to burn Ayuso to keep him high in GC. Ayuso sitting up after attacking in the descent was the brainfart, but I'm not sure it was the team call.

Sanremo was good regardless of how strong Pog was.
Murcia was very good too.

I don't think today was that bad actually. They lacked legs more than tactics. Almeida struggled early so they didn't want to burn Ayuso to keep him high in GC. Ayuso sitting up after attacking in the descent was the brainfart, but I'm not sure it was the team call.
Gotta watch Murcia then. I wonder if Ayuso was ordered to attack in the first place. I'd love someone to interview the DS:es.

FOzbcJaXwAgWepD