• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE Tour 2021, February 21 - February 27

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some beauty shots

EucncNCWgAQoxFY

Am I dreaming or do the heads in the Jumbo Visma poster look weird, like someone scaled them :D

EucK6kvXUAQvTtE

Is it customary to write last names first in Colombia? Or did Ineos just make a mistake and swap the first and last names around?
And indeed the J-V picture looks extremely strange. These sorts of lineup promo shots are always photoshopped anyway, but in this case i think an intern did it and took some artistic liberty. A bunch of giraffes with elongated necks now.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I would like to see Ganna riding for himself to see his climbing level in a decent MTF against strong competition since we've seen him going all out only on Alto Colorado so far but probably won't happen, they didn't even let him ride the GC in Besseges where would have been a sure win...

I don't think it was a question of "letting him ride GC". As I understood, it was pracrically a war early on on the third stage and only those who really had the legs managed to get into the break.

That said, I also don't think he will be going for it in UAE.

Some fun reading before the UAE Tour :)

"As time ticks down to the first WorldTour race of 2021, ink is drying on the final sponsor deals of the year. Bikes and helmets and components have found new homes. Logos have been carefully placed on lycra. A fragile equilibrium had settled.
Until five hours ago. The seismic revelation broke overnight that UAE-Team Emirates has netted a big fish: ugly luxury watch brand, Richard Mille.
All of which sets up the tantalising prospect of Tadej Pogacar getting caught in the middle of two competing watch brands – one a current sponsor, one a former flame – in the dusty luxury watch battleground that is the Middle East.
And if that’s not reason enough to tune in to the UAE Tour, I don’t know what is."

Last edited:
I would like to see Ganna riding for himself to see his climbing level in a decent MTF against strong competition since we've seen him going all out only on Alto Colorado so far but probably won't happen, they didn't even let him ride the GC in Besseges where would have been a sure win...
In my opinion they didn´t decide to not ride for Ganna. They decided to ride this race in a more aggressive way to have different options, which is very good news for spectators. Let´s hope that they will continue this approach.

In my opinion they didn´t decide to not ride for Ganna. They decided to ride this race in a more aggressive way to have different options, which is very good news for spectators. Let´s hope that they will continue this approach.
Yeah, but to ride in a more aggresive way they had to give up on the GC. After the race end there was an article with an interview with one of Sky's DSs that basically said that they chose to not ride for Ganna to pursue their new approach whereas with their old approach he would have won the race because they would have controlled stage 3.

• Wow
Yeah, but to ride in a more aggresive way they had to give up on the GC. After the race end there was an article with an interview with one of Sky's DSs that basically said that they chose to not ride for Ganna to pursue their new approach whereas with their old approach he would have won the race because they would have controlled stage 3.
So this team is going to give up wins so it can race in a certain way. Legit the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Riding defensivly for one day is not going against the new mantra

Jep, I also read this article. They decided against the convential approach and for a more agressive approach. Also with the aggressive approach they didn´t give up the GC. They still had a good chance to win it ,if Kwiatkowski wouldn´t have punctured during Wellens attack. It was not a decision against Ganna himself, it was a decision how they want to ride.

TRENDING THREADS