• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE Tour 2021, February 21 - February 27

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tomorrow stage will be a lot more windy, but they will also be riding around Dubai proper, so there are a lot of buildings to shield from the wind. I doubt we will have any crosswinds action. Wind will be from the north-west. The main instigator for crosswinds action seems to always be Quickstep and they're now confident Bennet can win in a bunch sprint.

yUrWBLI.png

mStciJY.png

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tomorrow stage will be a lot more windy, but they will also be riding around Dubai proper, so there are a lot of buildings to shield from the wind. I doubt we will have any crosswinds action. Wind will be from the north-west. The main instigator for crosswinds action seems to always be Quickstep and they're now confident Bennet can win in a bunch sprint.

yUrWBLI.png

mStciJY.png
I dont think they care abot that. Quicksteper sees wind, Quicksteper wants to play in the wind.

I already made the joke that he and Tiberi are Trek's containment plan for Remco for the coming years.
I mean, who has actually beaten Remco in 2018? I mainly remember Karel Vacek and Ghirmay.
lol, i was referring to Ghirmay, who will probably already regret the fact that he beat Remco once in a sprint. You can't see his name mentioned without Evenepoel's as well.

• Haha
lol, i was referring to Ghirmay, who will probably already regret the fact that he beat Remco once in a sprint. You can't see his name mentioned without Evenepoel's as well.
Then again, with the difficulty many African riders face to turn professional (seriously, why didn't a WT team snap him up?), maybe Delko wouldn't have offered him a contract without that claim to fame.

Then again, with the difficulty many African riders face to turn professional (seriously, why didn't a WT team snap him up?), maybe Delko wouldn't have offered him a contract without that claim to fame.
That would have been poor judgement on their part, because the lad stood out regardless as one of the top 10 prospects not named Evenepoel, and not because he sucked Evenepoel's wheel for 30km and outsprinted him. Your grandma could outsprint Evenepoel, i hope Delko isn't offering her a contract.

Tbf, Ghirmay looks like a real talent, the way he won that sprint in La Tropicale in 2019 and finished 2nd in Laigueglia last year were pretty impressive.
Looking back it's funny to see how many talented guys actually competed with Remco in the junior ranks, weak field my ass!

1/ it was a joke
2/ it wasn't about Evenepoel, it was about talented riders that didn't get enough attention other than having faced Evenepoel at one point
Yeah, I know, and maybe I was being a bit too harsh, but I think the massive amount of publicity, hype, whatever is a bit to much. The young man is plenty capable of proving himself without being a reference point in a lot of other race/rider threads.

TRENDING THREADS