WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS ***? I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT FROM YOU.
7)THIS WAR WILL NOT PREVENT BIGGER THINGS. IT'S AN INCREDIBLE CRIME AND EVERYBODY CAN BE THANKFUL IF THIS IS NOT THE START OF A HUGE WAR, brought to you by Putin and the people who are with him.
- You are obviously living in a propaganda fed world.
- I'm highly critical of the US, but to compare this is utter ***.
- I'm definitely not at all against all Russians and in the German media it's clearly Putin who is blamed, not the Russians. I feel for every Russian who would like to speak up and doesn't dare to because they will immediately be imprisoned.
- Things are not too complex here, and this "operation" is a full scale invasion of a sovereign territory, supported by the autocratic and dictatory countries in the world, blaming the Ukraine to be Nazis when they are the only responsible invaders, lying all around from start to finish.
- It's not "tension" in the region. Stop this nonsense like this is a conflict between two equals. It's like when you are talking about a victim of domestic violence and because the victim has made some mistakes in the past you say "it's always two sided, the person is also responsible". Only on a much bigger scale.
- Putin is talking about the nuclear power of his country while attacking a state without any other reason than the fantasies of being a modern szar.
I'm usually a measured person, but in the past weeks and even more days my skin has gotten really thin. All those apologists of dictatorships, autocracy, war, torture and inhumanity, people with their whataboutisms of "the US are also bad, so keep quiet", believers of cheap state propaganda right out of the Nazi's playbook and speakers for appeasement which allows these things to go on and become bigger and bigger.
I live in a country soaked with blood and shame, but at least I have learned to see propaganda and to know that democracy and freedom is the only thing worth fighting for.
That's it. I'm deleting my account here.
It grieves me to the bones just realizing that this fine debater left our forum based on an emotional debate.
BlueRoads' response here is bulls eye IMO.
It really speaks across the pervasive disease of our society consisting of growing whataboutism, intellectual limitations, ignorance and simple cluelessness.
Myself I've been more off than on for the last year, but always felt stimulating response from this user.
I hope BlueRoad will reconsider returning here in the future.