• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI aero situation

May 11, 2009
Visit site
So i've been trying to figure out what exactly is going on with the whole UCI 3 to 1 thing... I was under an impression that there was going to be a hearing at the end of this year to establish whether or not the rule will apply to the cockpit. Now i see that Cyclingnews is making references to a date of July 1st being the deadline for the teams to comply with that rule. I looked through UCI press releases and found no information regarding this deadline.

So what is the final call on this? Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks!
-c

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
as far as i can understand the rule has been standing for some time thou never enforced.Wouldnt hold my breath for july 1. feel sorry for teams and companies who put time into the production, only then to be knocked back.

love the headtube fairings on the new Scott, giant and specialized . Flouting?

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Right... i am just trying to understand where this July 1st deadline is coming from.

In regards of the fairing on those new bikes- the idea has been around for years. Look did it on their bikes as far back as 2004(at least.. although i am no bike history buff, so don't quote me on that). BMC and Felts did it more recently... in addition to a bunch of other less popular brands. So i would be surprised if UCI gets upset about the Specialized/Giant/Scott collaborative TT bike project.

The P4 waterbottle though is another story... that thing UCI apparently doesn't like.