• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI defer decision on World Tour Licences for Astana and Europcar

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame because Europcar has a good enought team to send riders to 2 GT's, which probably won't happen next year, unless the Giro gives a Wild Card for Rolland's 4th place this year.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Possible budget shortfall?

Yeah, huge problem.

A team with clinic issues, welcome aboard.

Cookson probably received a call, in thick Kazach accent reminding of that fact. That, and that the little red laser dot on his forehead was nothing to worry about...for now.

MatParker117 said:
Sucks about both for different reasons as for what this means for GT wildcards (ie crap we can talk about here) my new guess is:

Giro-Neri, Bardiani, Androni, Colombia, Vini-Nippo

Tour-Europcar, Bretagne, Cofidis, Bora, MTN

Vuelta-Caja, Cofidis, Bora, UHC, Colombia

Colombia to both Giro and Vuelta? naaaa

For the Tour those are the 5

the other races still to see if MTN and Bora have enough strenght for 2 GT. Wanty could be in the mix too

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or has the comment facility on the News page been scrapped?

Is does seem a bit of a travesty, that Europcar don't get a licence because they lack a bit of money, but Astana get one despite mounting evidence of organised & approved doping, especially with the state sanctioned doping going off over their border to Russia.:mad:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
OffTheBackAdam said:

Is does seem a bit of a travesty, that Europcar don't get a licence because they lack a bit of money, but Astana get one despite mounting evidence of organised & approved doping, especially with the state sanctioned doping going off over their border to Russia.:mad:

CN among many other sites has been hacked by Syrian Electronic Army :eek::eek::eek:

No data was stolen, but for safety reasons they had to remove the comment section on articles.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
OffTheBackAdam said:

Yes, they even removed old comments. Probably too many doping accusations and nonsense. It will save server memory, but it has killed all of the banter and argument I enjoyed.

How about a forum link after each article that would connect to a thread for each article?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
OffTheBackAdam said:

Please keep doping talk in the clinic, thank you.

TRENDING THREADS