• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Doping system in a mess ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does the UCI Doping regime seem to be in a real mess ???
We have the Contador mess, Mosquara's case seems to be a shambles, Pellozotti's case is still in the air...
Can any rider or the cycling fans have faith in the present system ????

orbeas said:
Is it just me or does the UCI Doping regime seem to be in a real mess ???
We have the Contador mess, Mosquara's case seems to be a shambles, Pellozotti's case is still in the air...
Can any rider or the cycling fans have faith in the present system ????

The system itself seems to be fine, the people in charge however, is not fine. I mean, it would practicly be more objective to have AC be both prosecutor, defending and accusing since the spanish courts are so corrupt. The same goes for the UCI though i belive WADA is fine since it's not a pure cycling institution.

A

Anonymous

Do you not mean the UCI's ANTI-DOPING regime?

In answer to your question, I would say the UCI's Doping Regime is doing just fine, riders are doping and getting away with it. And if they get caught the UCI helps them out or passes it onto the national federation to sort it out.

Walkman said:
The system itself seems to be fine, the people in charge however, is not fine. I mean, it would practicly be more objective to have AC be both prosecutor, defending and accusing since the spanish courts are so corrupt. The same goes for the UCI though i belive WADA is fine since it's not a pure cycling institution.

One, the other, or both are true. Now that the UCI is stooping to threatening people for speaking out against them, the system cannot help but be as broken as the people in charge of it.

So much for the 'toughest anti-doping stance of any sport'.

Hogwash.

Dave.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
You're watching poetry in motion right now.

AC tests positive. McQuaid sits on the news, giving him time to arrange a plan and get certain "actors" involved. He knows that WADA also knows about the positive, but he can keep them at-bay until they literally force his hand. But before WADA forces that hand, the German media exposes the positive.

So the plan goes into action. RFEC can take their time, so they "run the clock". Even though the "fix is in", AC's fall and winter season will appear to be just like "ban" time. No racing, so it can be argued that he's "essentially serving time anyway".

Decision is pre-announced (to test the waters). Then the 1-year ban is handed-down. But wait. The RFEC decides to suddenly re-convene. And what's this? They're quoting Article 296 of the UCI regulations. And I wonder who told them to cite that particular regulation?

Pat McQuaid.

Just wait. McQuaid will spend the next month "carefully reviewing" the 35 translated pages (as AC races). And at the end of the 30 days, he will declare the rule to be "too vague" to support backing any CAS appeal.

And the new WADA guy is no "Richard Pound".

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
FREE FUYU LI:

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2011/2/15/1995432/free-fuyu-li

(And check the photo at the very bottom)

All Fuyu needed was this:

monopoly-money.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Alberto guilty but he had a good reason. The Killer turns into the squeeler and is given a half slap. Opps all over!! The procedures are overturned for a few big riders..Rider has a positive and gives money years later to buy a testing machine..we caught you but go get punished in Spain..now that made sense. This riders union is keeping track of retirement funds and workmans comp? I would check my pay stub..I wouldn't trust McQuaid to make change for a newspaper.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Se&#241 said:
Oh, really?? How so??

look at the whole, and be man enough to admit that Spain's institutionalized powers are looking really bad.
(and leave the USA, Italy, and Eastern Germany out of this)

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
look at the whole, and be man enough to admit that Spain's institutionalized powers are looking really bad.

At what "whole"? What do the Spanish couts have to do with the RFEC's ruling on the Contador case? I'm not understanding how you can make that leap of faith.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:

It might make all of Spain look bad (hero protection), but I don't know how you can link that to the Spanish court system.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Se&#241 said:
At what "whole"? What do the Spanish couts have to do with the RFEC's ruling on the Contador case? I'm not understanding how you can make that leap of faith.

BotanyBay said:
It might make all of Spain look bad (hero protection), but I don't know how you can link that to the Spanish court system.

Admitted, the court should be left out. I wasn't aware that I was making that link. Was I?

that's what I meant with looking at the "whole": how OP was covered up (by whom? you tell me), and now, how AC is again being protected from above, by several institutionalized powers such as the RFEC, and the government (aren't those institutionalized powers?).
EDIT: If AC had been duly banned after OP, this whole theatre wouldn'T have played right now.

sniper said:
Admitted, the court should be left out. I wasn't aware that I was making that link. Was I?

that's what I meant with looking at the "whole": how OP was covered up (by whom? you tell me), and now, how AC is again being protected from above, by several institutionalized powers such as the RFEC, and the government (aren't those institutionalized powers?).
EDIT: If AC had been duly banned after OP, this whole theatre wouldn'T have played right now.

Yeah, Puerto was the Spanish court system. This time it's the politicians. And UCI.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS